Menu
l0uise
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I'm told there isn't a problem but I'm not so sure

I'm getting a bit fed up due to area faults, possible faulty routers and speed issues I've had over the last year or so. Latest problem is I have a issue with very inconsistent speeds over the last week that I was initially told was due to a fault in the area. This was rectified three days ago I was told when  I called VM. When I told them my speed had not improved despite the area fault being fixed I had to let them take a look at my PC remotely. I was told I needed a new router. Received new router and the problem persists. Called VM who said they need to change some settings as they can see a problem  and to wait 10 minutes reset hub and everything would be fine. Called VM back when everything wasn't fine who wanted to look again and they say there is no problem, despite being constanty kicked from xbox/ps4 games and having trouble watching media online. All tech guy could say was he was with Sky and got 13mbps and played online games fine! Hmm! As they cannot trust speed test on consoles I had to give a test from ethernet connected PC which I admit was fine when I did it for them earlier but it isn't a constant problem. It's every 5,10 or 15 minutes and it just drops .I'm going from approx 190mbps to 70 on tablet and from around 70 to 20 on PC and the ethernet connected ps4 is just terrible. Any advice please?

0 Kudos
l0uise
Settling in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm told there isn't a problem but I'm not so sure

Sorry, forgot to add the ps4 and one laptop are connected through ethernet.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm told there isn't a problem but I'm not so sure

Hello l0uise

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having a few stability issues, we will do our best to help.

The line and hub are looking good from here, area traffic is low and streams error free, all in all very pleasant to see.

It is nice that you obtained a fast wired speed with the PC as wireless on the tablet and other devices may impact it quite a lot at times, we have a guide here that may help Getting the best Wireless Network Signal

The speed test on consoles tends to be unreliable as they are often hosted on distant servers with bandwidth issues.

Have you forwarded any ports on the xbox or PS4, may be worth exploring that with the manufactures Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub

Overall the broadband connection is looking very good from here.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos