Menu
strikky
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm a fool for sticking with VM

Forgive my impending unhelpful rant, if you don't want to hear a generic dissatisfied customer, please ignore this post.

I've complained to VM about the terrible speeds (Region 7, Bristol / Bath area) before - as on a 50mbit package most evenings I've only seen a shocking 2mbit down rate.

Offered Vivid 200 package upgrade and "Full House" TV bundle as a "Limited time offer" as my contract with Vivid 50 was expiring. Couldn't care less about the TV package, but thought what the hey, it's only a couple-of-quid more a month and I was sold on the idea that, with a 200mbit package I would be prioritised over those suckers still on 50mbit packages.

Boy do I feel like an idiot. Still shocking peak time speeds and even off-peak I have never seen anything close to fulfilment from Virgin Media's lure of 200mbit speeds... I see my rate capped at 50mbit at best.

So here I am, with another year of Virgin Media ahead of me, the only thing I have to show for it is:

1) A crap box of plastic that gives me useless TV channels that I don't even want
2) A slightly higher monthly bill than before
3) Regret

Oh. And a new Super Fast Hub! That tells me (lies to me) "You have a 200mbit(tm) connection!". My only hope is that someone reads this and thinks better of staying / joining VM. 

Can't wait for next years 500mbit pacakges though!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm a fool for sticking with VM

Without sounding harsh, yes you are a fool Smiley Tongue

If there are issues on the line, increasing the maximum you can have will not change the issue.

There are no priorities for traffic on the line as well. A customer is a customer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
cabledan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

maybe make a request from vm for the transcript of the telephone call then make  claim for misselling you the upgrade 200mb or 20 mb there is no priority

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can leave if you have a fault number do you have one?

0 Kudos
tommey
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are all fools when we stay with Virgin Media when they just lie to our faces and give us review date after review date Smiley Mad

And yes if you have a fault code for high utilisation / over selling you can get out of your contract and leave without penalty.

So unless you have the patience of a saint like me I would run for the hills because it will be a long wait for a fix and that's if it ever actually does get fixed.

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

- First reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 -    - Review 01/05/15 - Review 12/08/15 - Review 14/10/15 - Review 04/11/15 - Review 15/04/16 - Review 06/07/16 - Review 31/09/16 - Review 30/11/16 - Review 15/02/17 - Review 12/07/17 - Review 20/09/17 - Review 14/06/17 - Review 10/01/18 - Review 25/04/18 - F004670584 << 3 YEARS+ 

But with BT Fibre I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

0 Kudos
strikky
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great! So that nice Filipino chap who missold me is now laughing his way to his next performance appraisal! Oh well, silver linings, at least someone benefits from Virgin Media's policies.
0 Kudos