Menu
Torbsz
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Huge Lag spikes past 8pm

Hi I made this account to find a solution for some lag issues I've been getting with Virgin.

During the day time my connection is usually fine and my ping is low however past 8pm every night my ping spikes massively to the point where the internet is almost unusable and games are unplayable (my ping shot to 1200 on Battlefield 4 last night). This has been happening for a while now and is very annoying, was wondering if there was a solution.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huge Lag spikes past 8pm

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

Can you also post a couple of trace routes to the servers you are using?

Although high latency later in the day indicates an overutilised network segment at times, if its okay early evening its more likely to be something else.

Torbsz
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Downstream.pngUpstream.png

0 Kudos
maney266
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its been happening to me on virgin media 200mb for the past 2 months and they still havent fixed it. Ive written two threads called in about 30 times. Around 7pm - 11pm any kind of gaming is impossible
0 Kudos
Torbsz
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Downstream.pngNetwork log.pngTraceroute.pngUpstream.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Torbsz

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Many apologies that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection during the evening.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. This will also cause you to experience lag/ping spikes during these times. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003259558 and with a review date of 3rd August.

One of my colleagues will be in touch with further updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Torbsz
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huge Lag spikes past

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR AND STILL NOTHING EXCEPT MESSAGES TELLING ME WORKING ON IT HAS BEEN DELAYED. TRYING TO OPEN GOOGLE TAKES ABOUT 5 MINUTES THE INTERNET IS SO BAD

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Torbsz, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with slow speeds are still persistent, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have had a look at things from here and I noticed that your area cable has an open ticket for load issues during the peak hours reference number F003259558 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the middle of July.

Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, I would like to pass this onto another team for you to investigate this and assist you further. In order to do this I will first need to clear security with you. 

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos