Menu
Anthony85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 with Vivid 100 but Ookla speedtest only showing Average speed of 20mbps

Hi, I've recently contacted virgin media in regards to very slow speeds considering the speed I'm paying for (Vivid 100) To try and fix the issue I have received the new Hub 3.0 and the wifi signal has been improved but the speeds have not changed at all, average speeds of 15mbps-25mbps, I've tried these tests at different times of day and no change. If this slow Internet speed continues, I will be leaving virgin media
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 with Vivid 100 but Ookla speedtest only showing Average speed of 20mbps

Have you tried a wired test to see if its really a virgin issue or the device your using?
0 Kudos
Anthony85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 with Vivid 100 but Ookla speedtest only showing Average speed of 20mbps

Yeah, a wired test is no better tbh, max speeds of 25mbps via Ethernet cable. Seen a few videos on YouTube of people receiving 100mbps via Ethernet and average speeds of 80mbps via wireless, starting to think that I will never get the speeds I'm paying for tbh so leaving virgin or downgrading to 50mbps is the only option
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anthony85,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account and there are peaks of high traffic during the evening which may impact you, however it is currently not breaching our thresholds. I will continue to monitor this.

As you mentioned that you get these speeds at all times of the day, can you complete a speed test whilst the Hub is in modem mode please to see if the speeds differ? This will eliminate other devices connected.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos