Menu
PNall
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Upgrade

Hub 3.0 Up Grade

Hi I have just received a letter from Virgin saying that if I do not upgrade to a Hub 3.0 by 30th April my old bit of broadband kit will stop working and that Virgin will close my account and send me my final bill.

I have tried several times to go to the web page stated in the letter (virginmedia.com/hubupgrade) but every time it states they are working on the site..

If I was to upgrade to this Hub 3.0 would my mouthy bill increase yet again..

I only want the broadband and not the telephone or TV package.

Thank you

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Upgrade

Which hub are you on currently? Must be a really old one if you've had that.

Also what speed are you meant to be on?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
don1952
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PNall,

Thanks for coming to our Forum for help with this, though I am sorry if the communication you received caused any alarm. We can arrange to send out the necessary replacement equipment for you though I'd also like to ensure that your current broadband package will be compatible - for example if you have 20mb broadband and we send out a Super Hub it won't work until your broadband is upgraded to above 20mb.

I shall be happy to check this out for you so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll look into this.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Junior1956
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. I also only need the internet but it seems like this company don't do broadband only and want us to pay for something we do not want or need. I am thinking of using U-switch and going with TalkTalk. So annoying when instructed to do something and you cannot do it Grrrrrrrrr 

0 Kudos