Menu
Stretlow
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How long do VM take to acknowledge complaints regarding speed?

So VM still refusing to acknowledge any issue on my line despite a massive drop in speed after a prolong period of a perfect connection.

Im just not satisfied they're doing enough.

I raised a complaint a couple of weeks ago and had nothing from them.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long do VM take to acknowledge complaints regarding speed?

They have 8 weeks to respond to a complaint as outlined in their complaints procedure pdf. then its a fail mark against them with CISAS.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Stretlow wrote:

So VM still refusing to acknowledge any issue on my line despite a massive drop in speed after a prolong period of a perfect connection.

But my usual spiel which I hope people do follow is:

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

they also tell me nothing is wrong yet peak time speed drops of over 100-150Mbps sometimes, contract is up tomorrow yayyyy.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If your complaint was in writing then they are supposed to acknowledge that within 48 hours and they aim to resolve it within 28 days as per their complaints procedure however they have only just acknowledged my complaint, a full 19 days outside of their 48 hour window - we've not even got into the details of the complaint yet. Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

stpuk wrote:

If your complaint was in writing then they are supposed to acknowledge that within 48 hours and they aim to resolve it within 28 days as per their complaints procedure however they have only just acknowledged my complaint, a full 19 days outside of their 48 hour window - we've not even got into the details of the complaint yet. Smiley Indifferent

They have 28 days after the 48 hour buffer, after that its to a manager, after that a Senior Manager if he can not resolve it within 8 weeks, take it straight to CISAS without even waiting for their petty excuses. Best to complain on the phone and tell them that is a formal complaint, take notes, and if possible record the conversation. But total time is 8 weeks then CISAS.

Regards

0 Kudos
Stretlow
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Bartman007 wrote:

Stretlow wrote:

But my usual spiel which I hope people do follow is:

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

Thank you for all your replys on here particularly the above, this is useful stuff...

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Stretlow,

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your speeds at the moment. I understand this is frustrating.

I've run some tests on your hub and network segment and things look OK in general. There is a bit of a spike in usage during peak times, although I don't see anything to explain the 100-150 Mbps drop you're seeing.

Out of interest, are the speeds the same if you test things in modem mode? I'm keen to see whether the modem itself is getting full speeds from the network.

Let me know once you've given that a go, and include a few test results if possible. I'll see what I can do to get to the bottom of things once I have that info.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Stretlow
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Kev_B wrote:

Hey Stretlow,

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your speeds at the moment. I understand this is frustrating.

I've run some tests on your hub and network segment and things look OK in general. There is a bit of a spike in usage during peak times, although I don't see anything to explain the 100-150 Mbps drop you're seeing.

Out of interest, are the speeds the same if you test things in modem mode? I'm keen to see whether the modem itself is getting full speeds from the network.

Let me know once you've given that a go, and include a few test results if possible. I'll see what I can do to get to the bottom of things once I have that info.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, i've got a few things on this weekend however i'll take a look going into next week.

Thanks

Stret

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Kev_B wrote:

Hey Stretlow,

kev, it is me who is seeing that speed decrease, heather has just messaged me saying there is a spike in usage during the evening, speedtest is giving me anything between 180-220, which is a 80-120Mbps drop, sometimes its up to half the speed im losing.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos