Menu
bambi_eyez
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Horrible speeds (in peak hours) and ping spikes.

Hi. I have been experiencing some very poor download speeds during peak times. I'm on the 200Mbps package and have been experiencing speeds of between 5Mbps and 20Mbps between around 6pm to 11pm. I have also been experiencing ping spikes, making online gaming extremely difficult. I'm using a wired connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

530065519448ea7aea76a19f3c4d0a9604c91e096d-04-05-2016

1.JPG2.JPG

0 Kudos
jommy999
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrible speeds (in peak hours) and ping spikes.

I have the same problem during peak time. its really bad that i can't watch any video on youtube or any streaming video at all as it keep buffering . I am in London SE13 area .

ps I am on wired connection and have no problem after midnight.

0 Kudos
bambi_eyez
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for bumping but my speeds have gone from bad to worse. What am I supposed to do with speeds like this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi bambi_eyez

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds that you have been experiencing and the inconvenience this is causing you. I've run some checks on your connection and I can see that there is currently a fault ticket raised for peak time contention that can cause slow speeds around these times. The reference for this fault ticket is F003699635 and there is a review date estimated for 13/07/2016.

If you are able to bump the thread a little closer to the review date we can certainly check for any further updates. Apologies for any inconvenience caused while we work to resolve this problem.

Kind regards 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bambi_eyez
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Any updates regarding this? It's very annoying that my internet grinds to halt when I actually want to use it.

Regards :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi bambi_eyez

Thanks for posting back on the community.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault in your area, our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth. The review date is showing as 14th September.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bambi_eyez
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again. Another 2 months have passed and no change :-( I don't even get 200Mbps in the middle of the day or before dawn any more. An update on this very frustrating situation would be very much appreciated. Paying all this money when I don't even get half speed at the best of times is far from ideal. 

Regards.

dbbbc7b119b788bf6d7b15156b747747-02-09-2016

0 Kudos
bambi_eyez
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Time to say goodbye.

Unfortunately it seems like this problem isn't going to be resolved any time soon. Between phoning up and being asked to reboot my devices and waiting patiently on the forums for weeks without response (and wondering whether my post's been missed, but ensuring I don't bump for fear of being put to the back of the queue), I have no other choice but to take advantage of the price increase and get out of my contract.

I'm a pretty heavy user and there will definitely be times where I'll miss the 200Mbps (on the rare occasions I get it) but evening and weekend speeds are appalling and completely unacceptable for the amount of money I'm paying. 

I've been trying to watch the NFL on Game Pass since 6pm on the lowest video quality and it's saturating my connection:

7d4f8aeeb1ef68a04088a4b1f388a3fd-09-10-2016.png

I've been with Virgin/NTL for ages because they've always had the fastest speeds, but I'm not even getting 5% of the advertised speed during peak times. Hopefully these issues will be fixed in the next 12 months, but for the time being, it's farewell. Sky will be here on Wednesday.

0 Kudos
bambi_eyez
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So my contract with Sky is up in a month and I'll be looking around to see the best deal I can get. First thing's first though, is this overutilization issue still happening a year later? Based on speed Virgin would be my first choice, but I absolutely won't be coming back if this issue hasn't been resolved. Could anyone see if it's been fixed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hiya bambi_eyez,

Hope all is well.

I've taken a look at the traffic fault ticket and this is now showing as closed.

Hope this helps 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos