Menu
AshleyRead
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Horrendous internet speed

Hello all, I truly hope someone has some kind of advise for me. I'm currently on the 150MB package and have been for years, For the past few months my speeds have been absolutely horrendos after 12am. (I have speedtest screenshots showing this) I'm lucky to get over 5MB of a afternoon and 95% of the time I'm around the 0.5 - 1.5MB mark. I have contacted Virgin Media about this issue and while they have given me a date (Feb 2017) for a fix and a small credit towards my next bill (£10) I find it astonishing that they are able to say this is okay and still force me to pay my full amount every other month until Feb 2017. I'm just looking for some kind of advise as I work from home and I'm unable to do my job with a connection that makes pretty much everything I do lag, A few more weeks of this and I wont even be able to pay my bills no matter what they demand. Below you can find a few speedtest results from my service, Wired with a Cat5e cable.

5744941962.png14.10.2016  3.png15.10.2016  2.png17.10.2016  1.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous internet speed

The dates they give are review dates not fix dates, that date will come and go without a fix. Some of these issues have been going on for over 2 years without resolution.

If you're in contract you can use the recent price increase to get out without penalty and move ISP.

It's that or wait a very long time for it to be fixed.

0 Kudos
AshleyRead
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am looking into Sky and BT but due to a family member already using the phone line with his BT connection I'd need to have a new line installed. I'm also worried joining another service incase I cannot use my asus rt-n66u with there service like I can with the Superhub.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello AshleyRead,

Thanks for posting and I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing slow speeds.

I have located your account and I can see there are upgrades underway to support the increased demand for our services and once they have been complete these issues with slow speeds will be resolved.

I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and someone will be in touch shortly to discuss credit options.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos