Menu
Emexrulsier
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hoping VM Staff read this

ok this needs logging in text because trying to get phone support to comprehended anything is a nightmare.

So this is 100% a fault on your network simple as.  The fault seems to lie from my router to the second hop (infact even seening 2ms on the first hop shows how poor the superhub is).  Last week all was "fine" then maybe Thursday or friday I starting pining in excess of 600+.  I did the usual and made sure nothing was on my network downloading etc.  I then connected to the router and ran a tracert (from the router itself) to a few IPs and straight away it was showing atleast 400 ping on my first hop.  After about 2 hour ish and just under 42 million router reboots this calmed down again to my usual 20-30 ping (ps this is to a dutch server).  Anyways then on Saturday my ping jumped to around 50-52 and has remained there ever since (to the same dutch server).  I have just this second done another squllion reboots, and then I decided to do a factory reset.  I have just tried a traceroot to the dutch server again.

min 10ms, max 70ms, average 40ms, I should not be getting highs of 70 or averages of 40 on the first hop outside of the home. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hoping VM Staff read this

Post a tracert to the server.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes agreed. Without a tracert its hard to work out what to do next.

0 Kudos
Emexrulsier
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i'll post a full traceroute but like my original post I guess some admin with edit it and remove all the details (sigh)

My original post has been edited by an admin, and all they removed were the IPs of Virgin Media hops, how ******* is that!!!!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lol... this guys funny.

Try readin the rules ..thats tends to help.

0 Kudos
Emexrulsier
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did read the rules thank you (ps don't troll)... the rules that say don't post any private information... how is posting virgin media owned IPs that don't relate directly to my connection classed as private. removed

If you spent as much time correcting actual issues as apposed to fixing menial items maybe there would be a higher percentage of happy customers.  Maybe you work for the government they have similar mind sets. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

dont understand what you r trying to say...

your off topic and half of the post missing!

lmao

0 Kudos