Menu
Adam997
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

High utilization

This is getting annoying right now please fix the high utilization issue in area 31 I am seriously considering ending my service as I pay for 200MBs and only get 10% of that. It is unacceptable that it will take 3 months to fix
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
norfus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High utilization

How is it not illegal to directly lie to a customer?  They can't say things like "engineers are working on it right now" when this isn't actually happening?

robl
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same here.  I'm in St Albans.   At night my 200mb connection goes down to about 10mb unless of course I want to access Google services such as YouTube when it drops to 1 or 2mb so nothing close to HD can be streamed.  

Don't see this being fixed in the near future so after many years of having cable internet (Telecential/Comtel/NTL then Virgin) I'm going to give BT a go.  Half the price of Virgin.  Slower top speeds I know but if the average is much higher than Virgin can offer I'll stick with them for a while. Probably frying pan and fire but at least I'll be £40 a month better off.

Sad. But there ya go.  Virgin don't seem up to it anymore.

R

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The date you have been given is only a review date, nothing more. VM can NOT give fix dates. The problem lies in the scripts the phone staff have which state the dates are absolute guaranteed fix dates and they will promise you everything that it is when it isn't.

Just don't want to get your hopes up thinking it will be fixed in 3 months.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

norfus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How is it not illegal to directly lie to a customer?  They can't say things like "engineers are working on it right now" when this isn't actually happening?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Technically it's with the planning team so they are 'working on it'. It's not physical work being done on the ground but its work.

that's what they can say at least.

0 Kudos
Adam997
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

offering a service virgin cannot actually give is false advertising as if you sell 200MBs you have the Right to get it. As for not informing customers of problems just shows how poor virgin treat their high paying customers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's sold as an 'up to' service which is something agreed to in the contract.

You also can get the full speeds in 99.999% of cases, just not at the time you want them (peak times).

(Not defending them, just pointing out the holes in the arguement they can use)

0 Kudos
Speedie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You may as well get up to 50 then if that is what you are saying Shaf because it is at peak times you require it the most!

Can you explain to me what their Planning Department actually do? I haven't seen any work completed apart monitoring the circuits and that is not what that team normally do on a day-to-day basis.

Do you get paid in kind for the valued service that you have provided Virgin Media on this forum?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Speedie

My personal recommendation for people in over utilised areas is find out what other suppliers you can get and leave. Unless you have no other choice (IE no providers or being offered 1-3Mbs etc).

The planning lot do work, you read the odd story now and again of something being fixed. It's slow work and i would say it's about 1 a month who post saying issue is solved.

My time on the forum is voluntary. I could stop whenever I have contractual obligements to be here (I do however enjoy it). I was merely playing devils advocate for the OP and showing what 'defences' VM could/would use vs OPs arguements.

0 Kudos
Ianm2585
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 has been dragging for ages and virgin are not bothered about this and you will probably find the repair date is just another review date but in the meantime they are still selling 200mb packages to customers even though to achieve these speeds is pie in the sky presently looking around other providers as virgin will allow me leave with 30 days notice despite my contract still having 6 months left explains it all no fix coming for ages

0 Kudos
Adam997
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get word on the repair date directly from virgin media and was told it would be the 25th of November 2016. so if you guys/gals speed hasn't settled by then I would suggest ringing up and complaining. Shout loud enough and we shall be heard!!
0 Kudos