Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High utilisation area 02

Can someone explain why I see this message

Hi Craig,
Account number Area reference 02
Your speed boost is on the way…

To find out more, contact our team on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or on 0345 454 1111* from any other phone.

*For call costs to our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary.

When area 02 is actually in a high utilisation area?

Im paying for 50Mb and I get 2 or 3 Mb every evening.

Just spoke to a nice lad in the CC who said I live in a high utilisation area and other than reporting it, he had no other solution - or in other words its gonna be slow until I get so fed up to move providers.

The question is, when I receive my upgrade will I actually notice it?

or will my hugely impressive 2 Mb connection become a fantastic....4mb connection !

Wow

Does high utilisation every get fixed? Anyone have a happy path they can share which will discourage me from joining BT next week?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
lomez1316
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High utilisation area 02

Well as a fellow 02 area customer and I use that word lightly since the upgrade my speeds actually decreased during peak hours which just so happens to be when I'm not at work most of the time, anyways I wouldn't expect faster download speed from experience although upload speed will go up, as for noticing the difference if you are lucky and get 4mb peak hours then maybes you and the other half will be able to browse the internet/stream content something I haven't been fortunate to do now for quite some time, my personal advice is if your out of contract soon move on to another provider as vm is rapidly outgrowing it's network capacity with no near sign of infrastructure updates.

All Replies
lomez1316
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well as a fellow 02 area customer and I use that word lightly since the upgrade my speeds actually decreased during peak hours which just so happens to be when I'm not at work most of the time, anyways I wouldn't expect faster download speed from experience although upload speed will go up, as for noticing the difference if you are lucky and get 4mb peak hours then maybes you and the other half will be able to browse the internet/stream content something I haven't been fortunate to do now for quite some time, my personal advice is if your out of contract soon move on to another provider as vm is rapidly outgrowing it's network capacity with no near sign of infrastructure updates.
Cheapshot
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks mate, Ive just used the same speed test at 12.37 am and got 45 mb so at least I was being the truth that its high optimisation and nothing else

0 Kudos