Menu
spbain
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

High utilisatio​n area 01 WN7

HI

I have been getting slow download speeds in the evening of between 5Mbps and 10Mbps,when I do a tracert to bbc.co.uk I get timeouts is this due to the High utilisation as this happens at off peak times as well but the speed has increased.

Screenshot (37).png 

My Broadband Ping - MY VIRGIN

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High utilisatio​n area 01 WN7

Hi spbain

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to see that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've run a few checks on your connection and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area that is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003349453 and with a review date of 23rd December.

For further updates, by all means post back here nearer the date and we'll gladly check this for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Simont476
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

I am in WN3 and have been told over the last 9 months that it is being reviewed, and given new date. Latest one is 6th April. Why won't virgin be honest and say they cannot cope with the amount of people utilising the system. I am being ripped off and would definitely not recommend VM to anyone.

My confidence in your service is broken.

spbain
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

did this fault get fixed as I was thinking of coming back to virgin when my current contract is up. provided the high utilisation fault has been sorted?

thanks

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

spbain wrote:

Hi Samantha

did this fault get fixed as I was thinking of coming back to virgin when my current contract is up. provided the high utilisation fault has been sorted?

thanks

Nope still here, its part of the furniture now, not going anywhere. Got to use my 4G to use the internet, VM has stopped.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Long awaited fixes have just started to take place in Area 01, including in Wigan where someone reported much better peak-time speeds last week: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/What-exactly-is-this-work-in-the-WN3-6-area/m-p/3282525/hi...

Other parts of Wigan and the wider Area 01 can expect it soon.

willo62
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am in area 01 (Liverpool 5) been getting sub 10Mbit and tonight it is 3Mbit when I pay £46 for 200Mbit.  Can't even get through the last few days, just disconnected after waiting 15 minutes over and over.  Think I am due a refund but can't talk to anyone.  

0 Kudos