Menu
Kznight
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

High ping and slower download speed.

Ever since last month, our speed has greatly fallen and high ping has become a big issue. I've done various speed tests, each in different places in Europe and servers near central and west Europe get up to 200 ping and only reach up to 20MB when it comes to download speed. This makes things such as games or downloading files quite annoying. Currently paying for 100MB Download speed, not so sure about Upload speed.

Methods I've tried :

- Resetting Modem : proved to seem worthless, fixed ping for about 10 minutes and fell back down again

- Turning Modem off for a relatively long period of time : seemed to do nothing

- Disconnected devices from wifi/ethernet : No difference

Any way I can fix this back to how it used to be? Only happened a while ago when Virgin turned their connection off for an hour to do maintenance. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High ping and slower download speed.

Hi Kznight,

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear about the latency issuesSmiley Sad

I've run a few follow up checks on your service from this end and suspect the problem may be due to high downstream power levels reported by your hub. We can fix this with an engineer visit, I'll drop you a PM so we can get this booked in.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Kznight
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

5934355359 Result of speed test at 19:25.

0 Kudos
Kznight
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

bump

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It takes about a week for VM to reply. 

What i find odd about Utilization is i had the same thing one night the internet went out for around 12 Hours then came back and was never the same again. So unless thousands of customers signed up that night there must be something else going on.

0 Kudos
Kznight
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, at least i don't feel as lonely in this forum - 

Yeah, after the internet went out, it slowed down by a great margin and there's no solution so far Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kznight,

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear about the latency issuesSmiley Sad

I've run a few follow up checks on your service from this end and suspect the problem may be due to high downstream power levels reported by your hub. We can fix this with an engineer visit, I'll drop you a PM so we can get this booked in.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Kznight
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After getting in touch with the moderators, I was able to book an engineer which checked out the problems I was having. Very good assistance from their part. Download speed now back to normal and ping is not fluctuating anymore.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kznight,

That's great news, we're pleased to hear it's working again and if you experience any further problems please let us know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos