Menu
Byte
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

High ping and slow speed

Hi! I've currently been having issues recently with the connection in my area. (Area is 04 west midlands if it helps)

Issues have been with unusal high latency and very slow speeds, so nothing pretty much wants to work well. Spoke over phone about the issue yesterday and they told me to check router lights and said they'd do some tests, basically just hung up afterward. Wasnt a very helpful time sadly.

Today has pretty much been same issue with hardly any improvements compared to yesterday.

Im unsure what cause of issue could be, but its become alittle frustrating at this point trying to sort it out.

Hopefully the issue resolves itself soon, i just wanted to post here about the problem since my time on the phone didnt help too much as far as im aware.

0 Kudos
Byte
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping and slow speed

Had abit of trouble editing my original post a second time for some reason.

Just wanted to add, i spoke to somone new on the phone and they informed me about some kind of maintenance being done somewhere around my area. So told me it might impact my connection alot, should be done around 30th jan. So hopefully things get better within a few days.

Sorry for double post. 

0 Kudos
Byte
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to give alittle update on my situation. The issue is still a problem sadly.

Most of the morning i had my usual speed of 110-120 mbs out of the 150mbs thats included in our bundle. Then around 40-60 mbs in the early afternoon. Though sadly by about 4:30pm or so the speeds have become as low as 0.10 to 0.80mbs. Which is completely making the connection useless.

I'm not sure if an more work is being done in the area causing this problem or not. The issue is becomming rather frustrating at moment considering how much is paid on the bill and were only recieving about half a day of internet. I know reference given me other day was F0046788 then 57 or 79 as final digits (wrote it down pretty hastility i'm afraid) 

0 Kudos
Byte
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to update this again. I wanted to edit my original post but i cant' seem to remember how i did it. I thought it was on post options, but option isnt there. (Forgive me im new Smiley Tongue)

Anyway i was wondering if anyone could give me some info. Sorry i didn't realise this sooner.

A few in my family often use some streaming services like twitch to watch something  LIVE etc. I was wondering if we somehow went over our data threshold? Wondering if this could be cause of the HUUGE slowdown towards peak time. I know were on vivid 152 in our packpage. So could this be a potential reason why? If so any idea when this cap on threshold goes away?

Be happy if anyone knows more on this. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Evening Byte,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies for the slow speeds and high pings you have been experiencing. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account and it appears you are affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004678859 and has a review date of 15th March.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Byte
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply! Smiley Happy Things have gotten alot better since bill was last paid. Things got better exactly on the day the bill was paid to be honest. So not sure what changed since then. Hopefully things stay stable now.

Thank you for that information anyway, If things do get any worse again, ill update my topic! Smiley Happy

Or send you another message if thats okay? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Byte,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad there has been an improvement with your broadband connection, that's great Smiley Happy

You can monitor this over the next few days and if there are any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Take care

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos