Menu
bram31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High ping and Packet loss Fife area

Hi, 

What is going on in the Fife area that is affecting all 3 of your modems?super hub 2 ACsuper hub 2 ACsuper hub 2super hub 2super hub 3 Arrissuper hub 3 Arris

0 Kudos
ukshazad
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping and Packet loss Fife area

I'm also in Fife area (Glenrothes). My 100MB connection is currently running at 5MB and I'm also getting packet loss.

I'll need to call Virgin Media tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bram31, 

Thanks for getting in touch and for the information provided. 

I can see that there was some trouble with SNR and FECS around the time you posted, this has now settled. 

How are things looking for you now? 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will take another look. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukshazad, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there was also an issue with FECS on your connection, but it still seems to be a little on the high side. 

I have raised the issue to Networks to investigate further and will let you know once I know more. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukshazad, 

Just a quick update, Networks have advised they will monitor this connection to see how things progress if you do notice the connection begins to get worse again let me know and I will flag that to Networks again to investigate further. 

If they deem that the connection is deteriorating while they monitor the issue they will raise a fault. 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

0 Kudos