Menu
Michal123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High packet loss spikes while playing games

Hello.

I've been having packet loss spikes while playing multiplayer games such as CS:GO and Rocket League. Generally the internet connection is fine but the spikes in packet loss which I can see make the game play irritating.

I have ran a ping path in the cmd and this is what popped out.

Tracing route to www.google.com [62.252.191.212]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
0 Odin [192.168.0.4]
1 10.158.28.1
2 winn-core-2b-xe-030-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.120.137]
3 * * *
Computing statistics for 50 seconds...
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 Odin [192.168.0.4]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 6ms 96/ 100 = 96% 96/ 100 = 96% 10.158.28.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 16ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% winn-core-2b-xe-030-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.120.137]

Trace complete.

I am connected to my router through an Ethernet Cable so we can eliminate Wifi Signal interference. 

I have tried various things such as changing the upload/download rates in the games and nothing helped. If this is not fixed I might consider changing the ISP as Gaming is my main cause for the use of internet.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High packet loss spikes while playing games

Hi Michal123, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you're having high packet loss when playing games, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see that there's a lot of time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
cuddylier
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to do a MTR using the program winMTR to google.com? Will look like this http://i.spartanhost.net/ll1jtaL3.png after you start then click 'Copy Text to clipboard' after a few minutes and paste it here. If you can't ping google.com in command prompt/it doesn't reach the last hop in a MTR then you may need to Disable 'IP Flood Detection' under the firewall in the Superhub settings.

WinMTR download: http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/

0 Kudos
Michal123
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Thanks for the response. Here's the copy:

sdfgg.png

and the IP flooding is already disabled the only thing that is enabled in the firewall section is the SIP ALG. Everything else is disabled.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Michal123, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you're having high packet loss when playing games, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see that there's a lot of time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out