Menu
shebu21
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

High Utilisation - Area 21 w12

Is anyone else in Shepherds Bush currently having problems with their speeds?

I first complained to Virgin back in September about this and after much cajoling they accepted that there was an issue with high utilisation. They say that they are ready to do the job to fix it but they're having problems getting access from the council to do the work. I'm not at all convinced by this. Every time I call the date for the work gets pushed back, at present it's the 5th of April!

At the moment I'm getting download speeds of 1 or 2 mb every single evening. It's barely possible to browse the internet let alone stream any content. The job reference is F004479383 or COM100938561.

If I had any kind of alternative option I'd have been gone months ago. When is this going to get fixed! I just want the service that I've paid for. Looking at other messages this problem has been going on for a lot longer. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Utilisation - Area 21 w12

Hey shebu21,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing due to a fault in your area, I know this can be frustrating.

I've taken a look at the fault reference you provided and I can see it's going to be reviewed on the 5th April. When the fault ticket is reviewed we will have more info on the progress and will be more than happy to update you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shebu21
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

That is absolutely unacceptable. I've been having this problem for months, I am not waiting another two. What are you doing to get this work complete and why has it taken so long to do?  I've spoken to so many people at Virgin who say that you are trying to fix it, if that's the case, why haven't you!? Do your jobs better. 

The service you provide me is absolutely appalling and has been for some time, if I had any other alternative I would have left months ago, I am absolutely sick of having to deal with this.

In September and December you reduced my bill because of these issues. As a sign of goodwill I would appreciate if you do the same retrospectively for every bill that I have had since August, when I first reported this problem, as well as doing so until you fix this problem. 

It is incredibly frustrating and makes my internet unusable for streaming video content or anything that requires anything other than loading pages, which is barely does anyway. 

Every single date you set gets extended so I've absolutely no reason to believe it will be fixed when you say it will. If you can't offer a service you shouldn't be charging for it.

Tom

0 Kudos
shebu21
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any chance of a reply? A working internet connection? An...

Any chance of a reply? A working internet connection? 

Anyway, I've attached about 80 odd screenshots of the internet speeds I've been getting for the last four months (it took bloody ages to upload thanks to my current speed of 1 point nothing). If they haven't uploaded properly I'd be happy to email them to someone, of course you'd have to supply an email address, which seems to be pretty far our of your standard operating procedure.

If you even in the slightest bit cared about your customers you'd have gotten this sorted months ago.

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Fens
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same area as you (Area 21 - W3, only a couple of streets away from W12) and have also been having exactly the same issues with peak time utilisation since last summer....of course the previous review/fix date back in November came and went with no change to the situation

Currently getting a few quid knocked off my bill to compensate but frustratingly I still have to contact VM each month to ask for the discount which is ridiculous considering that the review/fix date is not until April!

I do notice that we have been given different fault numbers despite being relatively nearby and I have a friend in Ealing who also has a different fault number for the same issue. I can only presume that a large part of West London is oversubscribed and the network just can't cope.

**Still suffering from poor speeds at peak times in W3 due to over-utilisation, fault number: F004665175 **
0 Kudos
shebu21
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep, it's pretty dreadful isn't it. 

Heather, are you actually going to reply to my message at any point? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there shebu21,

Hope you don't mind me getting back to you on behalf of Heather as she is currently away from the office at the moment.

I'm really sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced.

I've had a look into this and the fault mentioned is currently set for review on 05/04/2017. I can also see that you've spoken with our Customer Service team since posting to discuss this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can go over a few more things.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos