Menu
Spearman
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help with Superhub 2

Hello all.

For the past 3-4 months, I have been having issues with my Superhub 2 router which I have had for over 2 years. The reliability of the router has decreases hugely as the speeds vary from 40mbps download with a wireless connection, to less than 2mbps download within seconds, and as you can imagine, it is highly annoying. 

ac47bf14934cb15dc33cc2b2721dda7c-23-10-2016

This is a recent graph from the 23rd October and as you can see, the latency varies hugely and there is a very large spike in packet loss at 12pm before something happens causing the ceasing of monitoring of the router.

When playing games online, ping varies from the standard 30-60 before spiking up to well over 100-200 and I often end up disconnecting.

Can anyone help me understand what the problem is and give a possible solution? I have tried unplugging the router multiple times, turning it off & on, and resetting the router but everything goes haywire within a day. Usually, there are more than 4 devices connected to the router which may have something to do with the reliability issues.

Help! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with Superhub 2

Hi Spearman,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics and everything is looking great on this end. Can you try changing the Wireless Channel to see if that helps?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Spearman
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changed the WiFi channel from 11 to 13 and it has made no difference whatsoever. I still lose connection often as the router goes from 30-40mbps download speed to 1mbps download in the blink of an eye far too often. Once I lost connection 3 times in 10 minutes which is just unacceptable. If everything is fine on your end, why is it not fine on my end?

Latest snapshot graphLatest snapshot graph

This is the latest graph and the latency is just too variable. Surely if everything was fine, the maximum latency spikes wouldn't be so high so often, and I wouldn't be losing connection as often.

I have previously been told that the 'upstream power levels are too high' so hopefully that will help you figure something out to what is wrong with the router.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM think its fine - they can check levels but only at that moment in time - check the power levels when its working fine and when the speed drops - they may or may not vary but post them here

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changing channels from 11 to 13 would not usually make a lot of difference as they overlap.

To get a better idea on your wireless environment, you will need to download a wireless scanner like InSSIDer or WiFi Analyser for Android. Bear in mind that the scanners will not pick up interference from domestic appliances like A\V Streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Security systems etc.

The second BQM graph show no dropouts, the ping spikes could be indicating a busy connection, or a bit of a noisy line but on the whole it is not that bad. The acid test would be to test the connection with a device connected directly to the hub with a ethernet cable.

Posting the power levels and network logs may provide a sanity check.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Spearman,

Thanks for letting us know about this and apologies for the connection issue experienced.

I've located your account and I have detected an issue with the equipment modem SNR upstream level.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to visit and take a look at this.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this sorted for you.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos