Menu
1nadia
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help! Getting frustrated at the slow speeds - 2 years on!

Hi,

My speeds should be up to 150mbs but i'm lucky to push up to 20mbs (and thats on a VERY good day). its been extremely frustrating to contact customer services,  who go through the usual rundown of technical steps - which works for 10 mins and then reverts back to its old self. 

i've had an engineer out twice, both of whom were unable to solve the problem...1 engineer added a filter to the back of my router which literally sped up the broadband for all of 3 minutes...then after he left I had no internet access whatsoever- until I removed the filter that he had just put on.

I have tried everything, resetting the router, buying a wifi / signal booster, changing channels, connecting through an ethernet cable.... I'm not really sure what else i should try? i've just spent an 1hour on hold trying to get through to a customer service rep to book an engineer out but was cut off.

This has now been going on for almost 2 years, i'm paying £37 for broadband .... i should at least be able to hit half of those speeds advertised!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
bakedznake
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help! Getting frustrated at the slow speeds - 2 years on!

Switch providers, I'm in the process of doing this. Rubbish customer services and for me 2 years of paying £35 for 3mbs download speeds. Last time I rang up, they had the cheek to tell me go and use internet during off peak hours and postponing the review date another month
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy

All Replies
bakedznake
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Switch providers, I'm in the process of doing this. Rubbish customer services and for me 2 years of paying £35 for 3mbs download speeds. Last time I rang up, they had the cheek to tell me go and use internet during off peak hours and postponing the review date another month
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey 1nadia,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for your post and apologies for the connection problems you're experiencing.

I've just had a good look at your Superhub and I can see your downstream power levels are out of range. I'm really sorry to say that I'll need to arrange for another engineer to call around.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to arrange this.

Speak soon.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos