Menu
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Has my utilisation issue been fixed?

Hello all,

I reported a utilisation fault in L10 area (area 01) back in 2014. I was given utilisation fault reference F002841964 with an estimated resolution date of 07-05-2014. 

This has obviously escalated over the years to a fix date now of February 2017. However last night a very polite moderator messaged me at 9pm saying a fix had been done and i should expect to see higher speeds, the moderator quoted my utilisation reference being F002406281. I dont believe i've ever been given that reference before. 

So my question is:

1) Has L10 area been fixed?

2) Did my original utilisation fault ending in 1964 get fixed?

Thanks in advance. Thanks to the moderator who messaged me even if it appears it wasnt my area which has been resolved.

My only concern is moderators were applying a credit to my account so if my area hasn't been done i'd rather not have to call up to claim it like i had to in the past haha. 

0 Kudos
NJR73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has my utilisation issue been fixed?

That's the same as my fault number.

I got the message last night also.

There was no change on my speed test though, still less than 2mb. I will check again later.

I have a feeling they may be just closing a fault number and re-opening a different one.

0 Kudos
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I fear this too. I was told my old utilisation fault reference is archived now. That was the original one from 2014. This new one has apparently been fixed but yet on vivid 150  last night i was getting 6mbps. I'll try it again tonight but i'm not holding out much hope!

I dont understand why they close the fault reference when it probably hasnt been fixed? Is it just fiddling the figures to make it look better? Very odd. 

"hey charles mate that faults been open a year now?"

"did we fix it?"

"nah of course not!"

"just close it off and then open another one and it'll look like we fix everything within 12 months lad"

Fingers crossed though. I'll remain positive for now until i get back home to inevitable buffering and then on the phone to reinstate the monthly credit...Keep me updated yourself!

0 Kudos
Beckio
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Strangely enough, ive just done a speed test and im getting 45-50mbps whereas before tonight i would of only been getting 0.5-1mbps....

No message though, although I did phone and cancel 2 days ago haha!

L10 Area too!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Let's just hope it stays 'fixed' and doesn't crash when everyone realises they can actually use the internet again in the evenings and begin using it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
C33nf0
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

L10 as in Liverpool ?

Im in L22 and my connection is total **bleep** speed wise these days , its actually off completely  at the moment .....engineers are looking into the issue.

I also got a PM saying fault code is being looked into in Feb "F004546190" 

Called up to cancel after todays outage as theres no way that the Feb date will be adhered to and will be pushed to summit stupid like March 2018

0 Kudos
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah l10 as in liverpool

Last night I was basically getting my subscribed service of 150mbps. I tested at 5pm and every hour until 10pm

It has done this before though and then been absolutely awful again so I'll hold my breath for the next week and hope
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey djr_uk,

Thanks for getting in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

I've tried to look into the fault in your area but I'm not finding your account info from the IP or email address linked to your profile.

I'll just confirm additional info via PM (purple envelope, top right) and I'll then update you on the fault in your area.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos