Menu
SNK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Halved upload speed since engineer maintenance visit

Since a so called planned engineer visit to the cabinet opposite my house on the 12 January which the engineer said it was a planned maintenance visit and I should have received a letter which I did not and probably others did not either as I seen at least one other person talking to the engineer, the upload speed has dropped by half if not more from 9.8Mb/s to around 4Mb/s. I keep I check on my upload and download figures and they have not changed much on the sh2a. Download speed is is still fine so could a engineer please come back and fix the upload speed.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Halved upload speed since engineer maintenance visit

Have you tried rebooting the hub?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
SNK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've tried rebooting the hub but I'm also getting some strange drop outs, when I check the hub lights they are all blue and flashing away quiet happily but nothing will connect to the internet. Sometimes it will come back on it's own but normally it means a reset and then waiting for the green light to turn blue.

I've not phoned up with this yet only to be told to do every thing I've tried already. I can live with it for the time being but it can be a pain when it drops out while I'm trying to pay for something. Also has there been a firmware update?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello SNK,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your upload speed problems. I've just taken a look at your Hub and everything appears to be in order. Is this still on-going? Are you testing over a wireless or hard-wired connection? Is this affecting multiple devices?

Please get back to us if you're still struggling and we will gladly investigate further.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SNK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Thanks for getting back to me but I think I have found the problem. This turned out to be a program called Turbo Lan which is installed via Asus AL Suite 3 and I had not noticed but when I removed this my upload speed came back, it was just unfortunate that it happened at the same time as I got disconnected by your engineer doing planned maintenance which I had not been informed about which he claimed letters had been sent out and I assumed incorrectly this was at fault for which I apologize. This may be of use to you if anyone else looses their upload speed and have Turbo Lan installed.

0 Kudos