Menu
pau1200
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Halesowen speed

Hi,

Used to be with VM years ago but left due to issues with evening speed in the B63 area. Always pushing back the fix date, I am looking at moving supplier and do not want to rule VM because issues years ago, tried speaking to sales but you only ever get the sales lines.

What I am after if is a bit of proper user feedback from users in the area regarding evening speeds, does the issue still exist.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Halesowen speed

Im over the way in Rubery and its awful over here m8.

12c3a2f97f0d91083d09529026d3231a.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6097481162

5 review date pushbacks, 6 months so far with the lastest review date of 7th June!!!

pau1200
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info, think I will give VM a miss for now
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Dudley.

Speeds here are shocking. I moved to Sky in February, no complaints thus far.

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well im personally responsable for losing VM way in excess of 300 customers by now and counting, i own a computer shop in Birmingham and tell everyone what a sack of **** VM really is.

0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nothing wrong with telling the truth Smiley Happy

Thing is I had a perfect Internet connection from July 2015 - December 2016 and then it started deteriorating.

I tolerated it over Christmas thinking it was just Christmas (people been online longer) but it got worse.

This is what I get 24/7 with Sky. I am roughly 150-200 yards from the Fibre cabinet.

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6110418871

It's much better than the 40-50 I was getting from my "Superfast ViVID 200"

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
pau1200
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information, You shouldn't have to go to forums to get real feedback, but it's the best place sometimes.
I did ask the question about utilisation to the sales team and all you get is that we don't suffer with speed issues because we use fibre cables. If they would have said we are having issues in your area and these are to be resolved by x date so you will only pay x until its resolved and your cooling off period will be until 30 days after the utilisations issues have been fixed I might have taken a punt.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello pau1200

Appreciate all you would like is an honest answer. It always difficult to tell what the situation is by asking others because sometimes traffic can be so localised eg particular cables etc. I will send you a forum private message to gather your address, if you would like a more bespoke answer please reply.

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos