Menu
Warr10r
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Haha superfibre 50. Actual speed 2-3 mbps. Liars!

Hello Virgin Media,
I am just fed up since last 3-4 months with Virgin Media. I live in Woolwich area, SE18. I joined Virgin Media because I really need good enough speed at my home as we use phones, tablets, play online games on Xbox and use internet on smart tv. I never thought the speed is so frustrating. I can't even play 10 mins video on YouTube, it buffers all the time. I contacted VM customer service few times and they say we will check your line and will be fine in 24-48 hours. And it didn't happen. What a joke! And again I tried to contact them few days later as the broadband didn't improve. And one of the customer service members picked up my phone who knew I contacted them with the same problem the other day. The problem was as you all know we have to enter our account number or our landline number before we talk to them and he didn't listen to me very well and he just put the phone down on me. If there was any maintenance or any improvement going on in the area, they should have let us know beforehand. I am not very happy with VM service. I have checked the internet speed many times on the Speedtest app, it only shows 2-3 Mbps. Internet is so frustrating in the afternoon. We usually use wifi at home in the afternoon after work and I am not satisfied with VM since joined them and it is not acceptable if we don't get the service we paid for. And the bills gone up in November. I guarantee VM is worse than Sky or BT or any other broadbands. I'd give 1 out of 10 for the service I get. I will never use VM once my contract ends. They say SuperFiber 50 and Super Hub 3.0 but you actually get 2-3 Mbps. LOL.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Haha superfibre 50. Actual speed 2-3 mbps. Liars!

Afternoon Warr10r,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003360681 and has a review date of 29th March.

Are you able to complete speed tests through on a wired device at different times of the day please for us to check over?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You missed the bit about the fault being on the go since around December 2015.
Warr10r
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It'd be fine if it was for a week or two. That long is so frustrating. We rely so much on broadband these days. We use smart tv, iPhones, iPads, PCs and online streaming. This is not acceptable. I went to VM for a greater speed but didn't know it was actually worse than other cheaper broadbands.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us about this Warr10r,

I've had a look into this and the fault concerning a high demand for our service in your area is still set for review on 29/03/2017.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos