Got slow speeds on my download

Hi can someone help me please I got slow speeds on my internet thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got slow speeds on my download

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection to the VM hub or a wireless connection? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired test is the best way to get a true picture of what speed your line is able to achieve. It also helps to pinpoint if the issue is with the wireless or your line.

Are you seeing slow speeds all day or only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends)? Some areas are suffering with over utilisation, which results in very slow speeds at peak times but full speed at off peak times.

If wired speeds are slow off peak then some hub stats might help.  Go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take 7-10 days) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Exoticcshot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Anyone from virgin media guna help me because it's been 2 weeks when I posted this about my internet
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam Please can you ask somebody from the forum team to take a look at this thread as it has been around for 11 days and @Exoticcshot only wants help from VM staff Smiley Sad

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up Scott really appreciate your knowledge and help.

Hello Exoticcshot

Welcome to our forum and our wonderful community. I am sorry we took a while getting here and for the slow speeds. Your line and hub look good however we do currently have a problem with high peak time traffic on your segment I am afraid. The reference is F004798230 and we would like to carry out some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 22 FEB 2017. Please accept our apologies and if you would be so kind to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Exoticcshot
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for getting back to me and thank you for telling me when it will get fixed and is there any chance to get discount on my Account for getting slow speed until it's got fixes please? Thank you Exoticc Shot
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Exoticcshot,

Thanks for getting back to us, I believe one of my colleague has contacted you via PM with information about claiming a loss of service credit for the duration of the fault.

If you've not had that PM just let me know and I'll ask them to re-send it Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos