Menu
topdps_kappa
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Goodbye VM, Thank you but goodbye

Hello VM and fellow VM customers, 

If you have been following several of my posts I mentioned I was leaving and I have now sorted out leaving. For those who are interested in my reason, I was paying around £50 a month for the full VM package, TV, phone line, internet etc. 

Now VM are pretty pricey everyone will agree with that and it used to be ok because they provided a great service (before) sadly now VM only care about getting more customers on board and not servicing their old base (been a customer since NTL World existed)

Internet is essential in this day and age and sadly VM can no longer support their customers base (IMO due to greed and over subscribing their infrastructure. Im sure you can all testify these downs speeds during peak times. "Followed up with but during peak times you get great speeds fantastic I will stay awake till 2am every night to load one video..fannnntastic (NOT).

Maintenance is non existent, if you search through the forums people have been waiting up to and in excess of 2 years for over utilisation issues, sadly this isnt going to change anytime soon and if you believe them then you are being naive.

It is actually with regret that I write this as sadly the greed of commercial directors has plunged this once great provider into the single biggest joke in network of ISPs, you need only to read the forums for 5 mins to establish this.

I would recommend that anyone in an area affected by over utilisation.

"cancel your contract and register reason due to VM fault at inability to provide service as advertised, request all compensation since the start duration of your area fault. Request to rejoin after the area has had its maintenance completed (check before dont just take their word for it) and request to rejoin with no activation fee, no installation cost and a reduced monthly rate

Kind Regards,

Mack    

Greenwichboy78
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Goodbye VM, Thank you but goodbye

your not wrong

0 Kudos
Matt8655
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, im not even sure if I have a utilisation issue because no one is telling me anything, close to 3 months now and nothing but an engineer replacing the hub then leaving a load of times, no contact, no return calls, no responses from the customer satisfaction forms filled in despite requesting a call to discuss my issue, not a single thing apart from the unhelpful desk telling me a load of rubbish that ranges from "your pc wont take 200mps, it must of been a glitch you have always had it before", "you have 3 devices connected wireless, you should be happy with 83mb (on the 200mb package)"....the list goes on and on, I was disgusted I had a lady from customer services arguing with me about it on the phone. I switched to VM and recommended my parents, 3 kids and 2 friends who all joined too, all but 1 of them now has a rubbish service which makes me look a right idiot, so I think its back to BT we all go.

"USUALLY HAS NO CLUE WHAT HES ON ABOUT BUT IS SO HAPPY TO BE HERE Smiley Happy"
0 Kudos
lajosnagy17
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I have to agree with you and I am waiting for the result of BT G.fast test - Q1 2017. If everything goes well, probably I will cancel my contract with Virgin and after 5 years I will say good bye to them as well. They need to understand that I do not need 200 Mbs at 3 am, when I sleep. I need 200Mbs or at least 170Mbs at peak time when I need to work from home.

I do not want to ask my son, to stop playing on the internet when I have to work as the speed is only 30 Mbs.

VirginMedia has 3 more months to get up.

0 Kudos
topdps_kappa
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is sad that they have been reduced to such petty responses.

I've had the your PC line at one point too and sadly for the VM I designed my own PC for gaming so sadly they fall short here too.

The easier thing is just check your net speeds as soon as you wake up or I start the day between 6am-8am you should get ur ~200mbs
Check between 4pm-1am it will crash to a fraction of your speed then check on weekend at 3am (if you are awake Smiley Tongue)
VM wil purposely limit your speeds
(I'm you already understood I'm sorry to repeat)

VM should simulate worst case scenarios of everyone utilising max download and what their infrastructure can cope with and then refuse to take new customers on.

You don't see venue hosting 300 max capacity inviting 600 and then expect people to be happy when they are standing on top of other people so why do VM think they can get away with it

Only advise is keep calling every single week and get them to admit the fault record the conversation get it in writing
Then cancel your contract with no fee due to inability to provide service as described or try at least but be polite Smiley Happy worked a charm for me
(My over utilisation is set to reach its one year anniversary before they fix it)

Good luck sir
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After tonight's performance i am out too. They have clearly been selling it again and even admitted it on the phone.

SPEED: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5952649881