Menu
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Given the runaround after withholding payment.

I decided to cancel direst debit & withhold payment as my internet speed was/is too slow to be paying almost £70 for 100MB when i'm only getting around 20 to 40MB for the last few months. latest speed.jpg

I have been in touch with VM via my nephew as i am deaf & obviously cannot communicate on the phone. My nephew explained all issues with VM staff & after many other phone calls VM decided to send out a technician that arrived yesterday & swapped the hub2 for a hub3 which did not solve the issue but left me without any connection at all. So my nephew once again phoned VM & explained the situation & was asked "why were you given a superhub3?" "that shouldn't have happened". My nephew's answer to that was "i don't know i'm not a technician". My nephew had explained that the technician had been out to the green box up the road to tune up the connection thing as it was wrong & too low. Yet he had been previously told of an error in the area. Though other VM customers on the same road are absolutely fine. I instructed my nephew to tell VM that unless i see the issue resolved I will pay the my latest bill otherwise I will continue to withhold payment. Now yesterday my nephew is told by the VM staff to send back the superhub3 as soon as I receive the hub2 back & it will work. So it turned up today only to find it not working. So my nephew who as a degree in I.T calls VM & gets it activated which is a simple task but not for me as i am deaf. The connection was sorted out & after a few speed tests of 100+MB it as gone back down to adreadful 10t to 20MB. This issue seriously needs sorting out or I will continue to withhold payment as is my legal & lawful right until issues are fully resolved. I do not wish to "get out of paying my bills". I wish to continue to pay for the services i was getting before this absolute nonsense of continues lies & runaround. No one should have to put up with this. Please get this sorted out so i can continue as a happy customer. Almost £70 a month is robbery to be paying for such a diabolical service.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Given the runaround after withholding payment.

Its how any direct debit works pretty much. If you withhold on a direct debit/payment, a company WILL get a mark put against you/your credit rating.

I shall summon @Bartman007 for information on what you should do in this situation (if they havent gone bed)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

All Replies
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling direct debit/withholding payment is the worst thing you can do. You'll just damage your credit rating, it will be noted on your credit file and may prove to be a problem in future. 

0 Kudos
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you work for VM at all? Can you provide proof that "cancelling direct debit/withholding payment will damage my credit rating"?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its how any direct debit works pretty much. If you withhold on a direct debit/payment, a company WILL get a mark put against you/your credit rating.

I shall summon @Bartman007 for information on what you should do in this situation (if they havent gone bed)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi George.. I kinda feel your pain on this issue... withholding payment is, I think, what we all want to do when things go so drastically wrong. But I have to agree with the previous comments, it could be more damaging to you in the long run.

Have you (or your nephew) tried googling 'internet provider breach of service agreement' I just did and it came up with a whole host of useful info relating to the 'Supply of Goods Act and Services Act 1982', Misrepresentation ct 1967' and how you might go about a more formal complaint route....

You might feel a lot more empowered if you do a little research on your rights and VM contractual obligations as an ISP.

It's what i'm inclined to do, but i'm hoping that my particular matter will resolve before it gets to that.
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Good luck

Regards

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bestie wrote:

Good luck

Regards

Hehehe.....credits go to....., but I am glad people are using their pockets and not their anger. Thanks Bestie Smiley Happy 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi All ,

Thanks for your helpful replies. I have paid my bill & reinstated the direct debit as my nephew did tell me I acted too quickly & should've followed the formal complaints procedure. My nephew cannot be here all the time as he has his own family & life. So I will follow @bartman007's procedure I have created an account with ookla speedtest & also with thinkbroadband. I have created a broadband quality monitor but it doesn't seem to be working.

[url=http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/dabfe5dabf44db0c5ca6642b26aa016f.html]My Broadband Ping[/url]

What is meant to be doing? I have enabled "Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP" in hub 2 settings under tools/ping. Is this right?

Thank you for your help it's much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

georgedrabble wrote:

Hi All ,

I have created a broadband quality monitor but it doesn't seem to be working.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/dabfe5dabf44db0c5ca6642b26aa016f.html

What is meant to be doing? I have enabled "Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP" in hub 2 settings under tools/ping. Is this right?

Thank you for your help it's much appreciated.

I can see it George, it does take a while for the information to show, its shows 24 hours of information.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Bartman007 at least i got that right.
0 Kudos