Menu
Luckyjfl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Getting only 9/10 mbs download , instead of 200?.

I was upgraded to 200 MBs  speed not too long ago. But even tonight, I am getting just 9/10 MBs speed . I think I am using a good router but can anyone explain why I am getting such low speed. I have checked in the Super Hub and found my information was correct in regard to what I should get. At the moment I have been download an iso item 1.8 GB for the last 15 minutes. Look forward to a reply. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Getting only 9/10 mbs download , instead of 200?.

HI Luckyjfl,

I am sorry about your dipped speeds and I don't think it's your router that's the cause. We do have a reported problem with peak time Internet traffic, ref: F003433837 and a network upgrade is pending. This type of issue does tend to have a lengthy lead time I'm sorry and has a current review date for the end of next month.

At that time we'll see how the pre-upgrade work is progressing and then, hopefully, provide you with an actual EFT.

Please also take a look at my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page).

Jen
Forum Team

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

( Guide taken from Bartman007 so credit goes to him )

All Replies
ACS651
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you in the Fareham/Gosport area because the same thing is happening  in the evening and weekend at the moment?

0 Kudos
Luckyjfl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ACS651,
no, I live in the Westmidlands area. But checking my speed today, it was at least 195/200. So it would seem all is well in the daytime, but night must be so busy. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Luckyjfl,

I am sorry about your dipped speeds and I don't think it's your router that's the cause. We do have a reported problem with peak time Internet traffic, ref: F003433837 and a network upgrade is pending. This type of issue does tend to have a lengthy lead time I'm sorry and has a current review date for the end of next month.

At that time we'll see how the pre-upgrade work is progressing and then, hopefully, provide you with an actual EFT.

Please also take a look at my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page).

Jen
Forum Team

Luckyjfl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok Jen A, thank you for getting back to me.
I will look forward to further information when it is available.

Jimmy
0 Kudos
inijjer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What they won't tell you is that 'fault'has been live for over 2 years. I was getting 3 Mbs instead of 50 on evenings and weekends for that long. Given date after date for a fix for 2 years.  I've  switched to a better provider and I pay for 53Mbs and get over 50Mbs, morning, noon, evening, weekends. 

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

( Guide taken from Bartman007 so credit goes to him )