Menu
clarkycal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Getting 94mb on 200mb

Should be getting 200mb down and around 12up.

We were until this week, when i started to notice the speeds (The Download to be more specific) getting almost half of what it should, i just did a speedtest at 3AM and got :6045869320My network setup is a cat 6e going from the HUB 3 to a network switch, and a cat 5e going to my PC from the switch. these components should not be the problem due to the speeds being normal until this week as i mentioned above.

Here is a speed test from the 13/1/17 (on the same setup)

0 Kudos
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting 94mb on 200mb

Over utilisation... Welcome to the club, just look on the forums for a little while, 90% of the people here have the same crap... Cancel as fast as you can. They will offer you credit off your bill, then give you review dates they say are fixes, this will go on for years... Good luck. 

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

94Mb even in the middle of the night points to something only establishing a 100Mb Ethernet connection. Are the ethernet port lights on the Hub/Switch/PC all green or are any yellow?

clarkycal
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You know what, you're right.. no ports were yellow but, i took the cat 6e going from the hub to my switch out the switch and straight to my pc... and boom. SO the conclusion; It's the switch... but why it's never done this to this extent.

Edit: I put everything back in my switch and back to the old speeds.... The switch i have now is: LINK

Edit2: Think i'm going to order a new gigabit switch

FinalEdit: ok... i reading up about this and i found that the cat 6e cable is best to go on the PORT 5 on the switch and the rest starting at 1 and well they were correct, just did and speed test and it speaks for it's self. 6046714932

0 Kudos