Menu
Benjibbl
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Gamer Package traffic management?

Hi all

sorry if this is the wrong area. I've searched and unable to find a related post 

im on the gamer 200 package and just wondered if I should be getting traffic managed or slow speeds in peak times?

Currently get around 60mbps from 4pm onwards until after midnight where I'll get 200mbps download speeds

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gamer Package traffic management?

If your speed drops at peak times it's because the service is oversubscribed in your area and there's not enough bandwidth to meet the demand. You're not being traffic managed, the service just can't support the number of users.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Benjibbl,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004862937 and with a review date of 21st December.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Benjibbl
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Virgin Media

Can someone that works for you or the mod team reply to my direct message that was sent: ‎02-02-2017 22:34 and Read: ‎03-02-2017 11:38 and no one replied?

This issue is still ongoing and is now becoming an inconvenience.

If it cannot be resolved I will accept a dead lock letter.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Benjibbl,

Thanks for posting back here.

Apologies that there was not a reply to the message you sent.

In regards to the issue you brought to our attention, you would need to contact our Customer Services department on either 150 free from a Virgin Media Landline or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos