Menu
Bluemoonie69
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Frustrating lack of speed and connection issues

This is my second year with Virgin on 50mb however in recent months getting very poor speed and disconnections constantly having to reset my router some times 10 times a night, logging in to my account and running service tests 3 times a night too no avail I saw I was eligible for a free speed boost to 70mb so I activated it via my account and after processing it - It said the speed boost was successful and I can now achieve 50mb WHERES THE 70MB it said I was eligible for.
after numerous calls to tech help line running various tests and boosting signal these only have a temporary effect
Customer services were no help at all with the speed boost to 70mb issue
Just tested my speed at 22:59 and I'm achieving under 10mb (5.9mb to be precise) I'm just not gaining a service I signed for!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrating lack of speed and connection issues

Hi Bluemoonie69,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

Checking your account I can see you made some changes to your package the beginning of October. This put you on to a new Broadband tier meaning you'd no longer be eligible for an upgrade to 70mb. 

With regards to the speeds, there is currently a fault at the address and we are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services there. Once the work is completed, any issues with slow speeds will be resolved.

The fault reference for this is: F004618153

We are looking to carry the work out as soon as possible and the next review date for this fault is 14th December 2016.

We understand this is not the best news however I've flagged this up to our Moderation team. They will be in contact with you in a few days to discuss what will happen next Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bluemoonie69
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrating lack of speed and connection issues

Thank-you for the update but I don't understand what you are referring too regarding changes to my package all I did was phone up to renew my membership for another 12 months on exactly the same package
0 Kudos