Menu
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

'Free' upgrade to 70Mbps ??? - Recently Signed up

I've recently signed up as a new customer to a 50Mbps package.

Whilst reading the forums I have noticed a few people mentioning free upgrades to 70Mbps speed.  Is this for everyone on a 50Mbps package, or only for existing customers (not ones that have just signed up) ?

Thanks in advance,

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Free' upgrade to 70Mbps ??? - Recently Signed up

It's only for existing customers who joined before November 2015 (that's when they announced the speed boost, but then it takes 12-18 months to roll out across the country)

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Free' upgrade to 70Mbps ??? - Recently Signed up

Sorry, I should have replied to this thread sooner.

I spoke to Customer Loyalty and they were more than happy to add this to my account free of charge.  However, as I have several promotional deals on my account at the moment they informed me I would lose them by doing so.  I therefore opted for a paid increase at £5 per month for 100Mbps whilst I continue with my discounts.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos