Menu
BazPD
Joining in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Free Broadband Speed Upgrade

Who has been promised free speed upgrade but not got it?

0 Kudos
grizz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Broadband Speed Upgrade

Only been waiting since last October (2015) , says it is ready now (yet again) but the only option I see is to pay more

The way it works these days why would I want to pay more

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

i'm not in the same area as you but yesterday mine said the end of november ,so i checked again this morning and it's changed to march 2017,been nearly two years i've been waiting for this so called free upgrade ,in the meantime we must have had about five price increases Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grizz,

I understand your speed boost has been delayed to January 2017 and March 2017 and really do apologise that this is causing you any concern.

We have to make sure the networks are ready for the speed boosts and we don't want to roll out an upgrade of speeds if the area cannot cope with the increased demand. We need to make sure that in doing so we are not causing any issues with existing customers and their speeds and this is why these delays sometimes happen.

Once we know everything is ready and we are happy that the services will roll out and cause no issues, we will then update the services for customers. You can also check in via My Virgin Media

Please keep in touch if you need anything else.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi BazPD,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch about the speed boost.

Thanks too @flipflop for your similar post.

The speed re-tiers for any new customers joining since October 1st 2015 or any existing customers accepting a new agreement with us after November 24th 2015 (via Relations or Customer Services) are:

• L broadband -50Mb
  • XL broadband -100Mb
  • XXL broadband- 200Mb

After checking for both of you I am sorry but as you have both accepted new offers with our teams your speed boosts are now done.

As you have both taken on board new options with us this means you are now ineligible for the speed boosts and your speeds will remain as they are.

We are unable to offer both a speed boost and a new deal to customers. You can choose one or the other. If you choose to take the speed boost any new discounts or deals you may have agreed to would revert to the previous pricing which may be higher than you are currently paying us.

If this is something you would like to discuss with our teams, please get in touch with us either via Webchat or via phone on 150 or 0345 454 1111 where the teams would be happy to look into this with you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

So your advisor told me a blatant lie then , i asked him direct if i would still get the upgrade even though i removed the tv from my package and he told me yes Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Can you also tell me why you lied about my contract as well ,the contract i signed for says promotional offers £3 off for 6 months and loyalty discount £6 per month for 18 months , yet my latest bill says that the loyalty discount crap.JPGwill end in march 17 ?

0 Kudos
grizz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

It wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't the 6th or 7th time it was said to be ready

What's the betting on march date moving to even later in the year , fix the network for everyone instead of rolling out 300mb and so called gaming packages

The whole lot is like a slow crawl and has been for ages

shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Utter nonsense. You will upgrade someone in a heartbeat to 200Mb if they pay more yet can't give the free upgrade to 200Mb because the network isn't ready. Shame the company don't care the network isn't ready when taking the money to upgrade their package.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@shawty1984

You can pay the extra and go straight on 200Mbs (like a new customer) but if the area can't handle it, those speed and won't be delivered to you. Over utilization is not something you want to cause.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos