Menu
MByrne
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Free 50mb to 70mb never happened

Hi, I was supposed to get a free upgrade from 50mb to 70mb many months ago but I am still on 50mb. What happened to the free upgrade please? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free 50mb to 70mb never happened

Have you recently changed your bundle or negotiated a discount on your contract?

0 Kudos
MByrne
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My wife negotiated a better deal on our contract before it switched from 50 to 70 but I'm sure she was also promised the upgrade would still take place.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MByrne wrote:
My wife negotiated a better deal on our contract before it switched from 50 to 70 but I'm sure she was also promised the upgrade would still take place.

It won't. if you recontract you're no longer eligible for the free speed upgrade.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
MByrne
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok. Thanks for the info. I guess 50 will have to do.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MByrne wrote:
Ok. Thanks for the info. I guess 50 will have to do.

The way it works roughly is (scenario of 50Mb customer recontracting to 50Mb for a lower price - as an example scenario.)

John Doe has 50Mb broadband (product code A001 [this product code is eligible for a free speed upgrade to 70Mb].) But John Doe recontracts to save some £'s, they go for 50Mb again with a lower price. The staff switch John Doe from 50Mb (product code A001) to 50Mb (product code B090 - which is not eligible for any free speed upgrades.) Why? because the old 50Mb (A001) is no longer available, so they're put onto the available 50Mb package B090.

I have 70Mb, but my discount period is up mid this year. So when it comes time to recontract I'll end up on 50Mb Cat Sad

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
MByrne
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the explanation. At least I will know for future reference how it works.
0 Kudos