Menu
anewman5high
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For Virgin Staff Attention - Tried to complaint about speeds, cut off webchat after 1hr+

I tried sending this to an email address I have for you but apparently it doesn't exist anymore so I'll have to post it here:

Hello,

I have just been trying to get through to your webchat service to complain about my speed (again as it still isn't resolved) and I spent an 1hr 20 minutes on hold despite your system giving an estimate time of 18mins. I got down to 2 minutes and your stupid system then decided to tell me there was no one available and that I'd have to try again later. I have attached screenshots showing my wait time.

This is absolutely unacceptable as it has now wasted a significant amount of my time, I am completely fed up of paying a high price for a service I am not receiving and then not being able to even speak to anyone to try and get it fixed! For a company of your size this level of service is pathetic!

I would appreciate someone responding to me asap to explain why I was cut off after wasting so much of my time, why your estimated wait time counter was so inaccurate, and why I am still not getting the service I am paying for. If you cannot improve this service then I expect to be given a discount or to be moved to a package you can actually deliver.

Regards,

Alan

VM1.PNGVM2.PNGVM3.PNG

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: For Virgin Staff Attention - Tried to complaint about speeds, cut off webchat after 1hr+

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: For Virgin Staff Attention - Tried to complaint about speeds, cut off webchat after 1hr+

Evening anewman5high,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience trying to speak to someone through Webchat and to hear your having issues with the broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be and would like to help as much as I can.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy, which is good.

If you complete a speed test through a wired connection, what speeds do you achieve?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
anewman5high
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's funny because I spoke to an advisor on the phone on Monday and he said there is a utilisation issue in my area which has been ongoing since te start of January. Was he right or are you?

My wired speed test can be anything from 1MBps to 70MBps, I wouldn't call that stable. My Ping can vary from 12ms to 300ms. As I pay for 200MBps and have never even come close to acheiving it, are you able to offer any kind of refund for the 6 months I have been with you on that deal at my current address?

It would also be appreciated if you could look into why I was cut off my previous webchat, I don't view 1hr 20minutes of waiting before being cut of as a minor thing and would appreciate an explanation as to why this happened. The details and screenshots are in my previous post.

Thanks,

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Alan,

I've had a look into this for you and I can see that you've spoken with the team since posting to discuss this further.

I've checked the network segment further to this and I can confirm that you're currently affected by an SNR fault within the area under the fault reference F005044022, with a review set for this evening.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
anewman5high
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to let me know the outcome of the review after this evening? I am still experiencing the same problems and speed.

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Hope all is well. Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the SNR fault that my colleague Nat mentioned, this has been closed down as resolved.

However looking at your connection, the upstream power levels are too high and for this I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this over. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos