Menu
j4v3d
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

FibreOptic50 to FibreOptic70 Upgrade

Hello, 

I logged in to my virgin media account online on Monday and saw a message saying i can upgrade from 50mb to 70mb and got an email to say that VM would get back to me in the next 48hrs. - It's been nearly a week now and not heard anything back. 

Has this happened to anyone else? If there is a VM staff member that can assist me please do get in touch. Been through Twitter chat but they've recommended i ring up, can't be racking up a phone bill as well as paying for my broadband. (i don't have a VM phone line or mobile)

Thanks
J.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: FibreOptic50 to FibreOptic70 Upgrade

Might be worth switching the hub off and back on after a few minutes and see if the update has taken place automatically.  If you access the hub's Router Status and look at the Operation Configuration page it will tell you what Maximum Traffic Rate you are configured to receive.  A figure of 77000000 would confirm you are on the 70Mbps service.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
webjaved
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - will have a look at this over the weekend. Spoke to someone at VM and they've processed my request, i've now gone from 50mb to 100mb for the same price. Buzzing!

Will report back with my findings. 

Kind Regards
Javed
0 Kudos
webjaved
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now Smiley Happy

Vivid 100 Smiley Happy

Kind Regards