Menu
ribrob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with unacceptable broadband speeds...

Hi there,

Apologies for the tone, but this has been going on too long.

Over the last year, i've been ignored, fobbed off, mislead, promised discounts that never came and lied to by the people at the end of your 150 number in the evening. Frankly my life would be much improved if i never have to dial that number again.

You claim you record the calls for the purposes of security and for training purposes, so if we want to start contesting the above it's all there for you. My details are  Account number - [MOD EDIT] / Area reference - 21.

Further evidence of my frustration can be found in my tweets to @VirginMedia on twitter over the last year...

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Aribrob%20%40virginmedia&src=typd&lang=en

...and you can see the terrible speeds i've been getting...

http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=d85b472e4bda0b8624c3c64f782e399c&ria=0

This isn't a wifi issue, it's the same wired.

I pay a stupid amount of money each month for a service so unreliable i don't know if i can bring work home with me, if i'll be able to stream a film for the kids or watch catch up TV with the wife.

No, it's not terrible all of the time - it's fine first thing in the morning for example, and i'm sure it's fine during the day when your customers are mostly at work. Sadly i don't need to work from home when i'm at work, and i don't stream movies whilst i eat my breakfast.

It's the evenings that it becomes entirely touch and go as to whether my connection will be even useable.

Who can i speak to in the UK who's not going to run me through the usual time-wasting scripted checks that i know from experience don't make any difference?

Someone who can go through the call history (you keep notes right?), see what i've been promised before and then maybe make me some genuine commitments that VM will stick to?

Or am i simply expecting too much from this service?

Rob

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. You can review the Forum Guidelines on this here. Thanks] 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up with unacceptable broadband speeds...

It does like you are suffering from an utilisation problem, where VM have oversubscribed the service.

Personally, I would wait here a few days until a VM Forum Team member picks up the thread and can take a closer look at your connection and confirm the problem.

0 Kudos
ribrob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4807863163

Summary of the situation...

Same speed problems on wired? YES

Rebooted modem? YES

Powered down modem, waited 30s, reconnected? YES
Infuriated, tired and feeling cheated? YES

Promised refunds for September and October still waiting for them? YES

Expecting a refund for November as a result of utterly unreliable service? YES

Sorry, suffering significant failure of patience and sense of humour right now.

Seriously, if i treated my customers like this then i'd expect not to have any left, or more likely that they'd be suing me.

Rob

0 Kudos
ribrob
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Griffin.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ribrob,

Sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've checked your connect and as griffin suggests you are affected by peak time contention fault F003487026 which is currently due for review 20/01/16. 

While checking I also saw that your downstream power levels are far too low which will also affect your speeds as well as cause intermittent drop outs. 

We'll have to get a technician out to adjust this and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
vectrax3
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All these companies are the same they suck you in take your money,then when you try getting in touch you talking to some foreigner who fobs you off with a pack of lies.
0 Kudos
ribrob
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So here i am again, 2 months on...

Still getting unreliable speeds.

Still getting terrible latency.

Still waiting for booked engineers to actually turn up.

Still waiting for someone to compensate us.

But now also with no internet whatsoever.

Seriously, what does someone have to do round here to get the service they pay for?

Private messages go answered for days.

Nothing seems to ever change.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ribrob,

I am very sorry about all of this.

I have replied to your private message so that we can get this looked into.

There does appear to be a high demand for our service in your area as well as issues with the equipment downstream power level. I'd like to arrange an engineer appointment for you in regards to this.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos