Menu
geoff-r
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty barely usable internet sw19 since thu 31st

all started on new years eve haven't seen full speed since then even at 4am it's slow

normally get 160 down 11 up

been getting 1-15mb down since the 31st have rebooted countless times if this carries on much longer will I get a refund ?

cant even watch a twitch stream on low without it stopping constantly

0 Kudos
Swinder
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty barely usable internet sw19 since thu 31st

Post your upstream/downstream stats from your modem. Maybe do a ping and tracert of sites like bbc.co.uk and/or google.co.uk and post those in this thread too. Another handy tool is BQM @ http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping - Set that up and it will monitor your connection to show if the issue ramps up during peak hours or whether it is something else.

Arming yourself with all that information will allow some of the more clued up community members to address your situation before a VM rep gets chance to review your thread.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi geoff-r, 

I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds. Thank you for posting to advise us of this. 

I've had a look at your connection and I can see there was some trouble with SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) in your area, this has now settled so we'll need to keep an eye on this. 

How are things looking for you now? Things look good from this side currently. 

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
geoff-r
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connections been unsusable for online gaming 5pm - about midnight for about well since forever come to think of it, I just think this are has too many users during peak hours causing high jitter and and slower speeds.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi geoff-r,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your speeds.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004877380). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 15th March 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos