Menu
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Fault Update Please

Hi

Can I get an update on fault, F004169512, and any others that are attached to my account please?

Also, I have a non-standard recurring credit on my account which has now expired as the fault was due to be fixed by now but as it's not can this be reinstated please.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault Update Please

Hey there stpuk,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to see that you're being affected by a fault in your area, I know this can be inconvenient.

I've taken a look and I've noticed that we're currently in the process of resolving fault: F004169512 which is due for review on the 28/9.

Would you please bump this thread on or after the review date for further updates.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Heather, can I ask that the current credit is reinstated to my account until the issue is resolved please?

There should be notes on my account about this but if not then I have an email from the complaints team regarding this.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Heather_J @ModTeam any response for this chap? Been 2 weeks for the follow up.

@stpuk Would personally ring up to see about getting credit from retentions/cancellations or seeing if they will set up rolling credit (cancellations would likely give you the best deal out of the two as they would want to retain your custom). Just so you don't miss out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey stpuk,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for not replying sooner, I appreciate you tagging me @Shafreya Smiley Very Happy

I'll drop you a PM to give you info about the credit options and we can keep in touch about the fault then too.

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

stpuk
Dialled in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

So it's been more than a week since I received the PM informing me that someone would be dealing with my account, no surprises here but I've not heard anything!

I've also tried contacting the complaints manager originally dealing with the case and 4 days on I'm yet to receive a reply to my phone call.

This is absolutely APPALLING customer service and shows utter contempt for your customers, therefore I'd like these three things to be actioned please.

1) An update on the fault reference to include what has been done so far, if it's been pushed back again then what is the reason given and when do you now expect to resolve this ongoing fault.

2) The credit reinstated to my account as per the original agreement, on an ongoing basis, including this months bill, until such time as you resolve the fault on my services.

3) My original complaint reactivated, if that's not possible then a new one created, and an official response in writing delivered to my account address within 30 days outlining what Virgin Media are doing to resolve this problem.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam @Heather_J

Think this chappy is due another look.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi stpuk,

Heather is off work due to illness at the moment, which is why she's not been in touch with you. Sorry about that but obviously it was an unintended lack of response.

I've just tested your connection and checked on fault ref: F004169512. I note that a new CMTS was added on the 5th of this month, and your modem is one of those that were migrated over to it.

This should either resolve or ease the previous congestion issues. But I'll need to allow a full week to pass so that the data can report correctly. So I'll check on this next Thursday for you and shall post an update on here of my findings.

With regards to your credit I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) detailing what's been done.

Speak next week Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Jen.

I'll wait for your further update but current speed tests and BQM graphs since 5th October suggest this has made no difference whatsoever however I'll post all of the results next Thursday.

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jen_A

So as mentioned in my previous post I have kept records of my connection since the apparent work was done on 5th October. 

I've listed BQM graphs for every day since the 5th (new IP address assigned) as well as speed tests across thinkbroadband, speedtest and dslreports at various times during the day. As you can clearly see the 12+ month wait for some work to be done has actually reduced the quality of service (down to single digits now on a few nights) from an already poor start.

5th October5th October

6th October6th October

7th October7th October

8th October8th October

9th October9th October

10th October10th October

11th October11th October

12th October12th October

dslreport.PNG

speedtest.PNG

tbb.PNG

0 Kudos