Menu
budking72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fault Update F003462268

Please Please Please. I am hoping that someone at this company can update me on fault:F003462268. I have just received an email to say Im being boosted (wohoo) to 200Mbps, yet for the last 12 months I been getting less than 20Mbps (supposed to be on 152) due to a fault.

Would it not be wise to fix existing issues (or stop over selling exchanges) before promising the world and giving nothing?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault Update F003462268

Hi Budking72,

Thanks for coming to the Community for the first time and posting. 

It's great to see you've had an email, there should be plenty of information to help you decide to opt in.

As far as the ticket reference goes, I can see that the review date is for the 16th December 2015. Can you please bump this thread closer to the time and I'll be able to update you further. 

Many thanks. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
budking72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this?

Its been going on for over a year and a half now, my bill has gone up to £75 and I am getting less than 20mbps....

This is disgusting service!

Parki79
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

20mb is fast for Virgin to be honest. I am on their 200mb service and have never seen anything like 20mb in the evenings and weekends where I am able to use it.  You are luckier than most who use this shambles of a service to be honest.

They are likely to give you a review date and tell you to turn it off and on a lot while holding your breath. 

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi budking72, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry to see you've continued to have trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look at fault ref F003462268 for slow speeds during peak times and unfortunately this has had to go back to the planning team as more work is required than first thought. 

We should have more news after 13/07/2016. I will keep you updated. 

Is it also slow during non-peak hours? As I can see your downstream power levels are also on the low side. 

I will be popping you a PM to arrange an engineer. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Probably should of left when the price increase happened as that's the easy get out of jail free card there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
budking72
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this and why Im still paying nearly £80 a month for less than 30Mbps at times? The credits soon get forgotten after 1 month and this fault is 2 years old.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi budking72,

I'm honestly sorry for the length of time you've been waiting for the network upgrade to commence. We should have a better idea of what's happening after the beginning of March but another team will be in contact with you about that. 

You should have been getting a monthly credit (sometimes paid as a lump sum to cover a specified period of time) since reporting this. Is this not the case?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos