Menu
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fault Review Dates

Seems like a lot of work is going to have to be done on 14th December as that appears to be the Fault review date that everyone is getting?

Of course, it's most likely to be the date at which the Christmas change freeze kicks in - and no routine work will be carried out until mid January.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault Review Dates

When people stop reading the REVIEW dates as FIX dates you will stop thinking work will be done on the 14th.

The date is just that, a review date. Work can be carried out at any time and is not relative to the review date at all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My latest review date is 28th December and I've seen a number of others after the 14th. Not that the dates mean anything.

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't see the point in VM providing review dates. These should be internal.

This is one of those rare occasions when I advocate saying nothing over saying something.

Customers don't care about reviewing of a fault, they care about when it'll be fixed. Review dates give the impression of an SLA when there is none.

There is no guarantee after a review date that any progress will have been made, any action taken or any steps to remediate the issue.

Expectation management is important. I am not aware of support organisations that commit to 'reviewing' an issue at a particular time. Seems strange and, evidently, confuses people.

On this matter increasing capacity isn't under freeze.
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I suppose that VM have to give some sort of date, or they'd lose customers. "You're suffering from (Insert latest buzz phrase here.), ref F12345. We haven't got a clue when it will be fixed, but it won't be anytime soon." Followed by customers heading for the nearest exit, en masse.

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Shafreya I'm not confused about the difference between review and fix and I never mentioned anything about fix. The work in my post is that of the work of a lot of reviews needing to be done on 14/12. A lot of fixes would be very welcome, but that's not going to happen, is it?

The real problem is that CS do not call these review dates on the telephone, they call them fix dates - which they are not - and even confirm they are fix dates when challenged.

@ignition I'm sure capacity planning continues, but actual changes of the Christmas period?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@JayAy

Was a generalisation from me, lots of people hang on to the hope that the dates are fix dates. Resulted in a miscommunication between us Smiley Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No worries
0 Kudos