Menu
ianleeves
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

F004329338 - Fault

I have come across this subject for the Barnsley Area, however I have been informed by Virginmedia that my area (Oxted - RH8) is having the same problem - with a fix date of 27th April 2017.

Please advise how Virginmedia can keep this fault quiet whilst continuing to charge customers for a service that they CANNOT provide?!

I am disgusted to be honest and I only got this information after having a rant to your customer service desk who at first refused to put me through to a manager and accused me of saying that he was lying to me.... something I did not. However it was only the manager who informed me of this "known fault in the area" - hence the original helpdesk adviser, did in fact lie to me after all!

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: F004329338 - Fault

They will say it only effects a very few select customers, that's why it's not on the status page. But it will take more planning permission and 3rd party input than it takes to build a housing estate to fix the small problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianleeves,

I'm really sorry if you've received any misinformation when calling in. I have just tested your connection and fault ref: F004329338 is affecting a completely different part of the network.

Your CMTS is unaffected by any peak time capacity issues. In fact I'm unable to find any service affecting faults. If you are still experiencing problems would you please post an update on here detailing what is happening and when etc. 

We'll then do our best to find out what the cause is and how we can fix it.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ianleeves
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your reply.

The fault number may be different but it is the same issue that I have been advised of by your help desk people in India.  I have been told that the "fix" date is 26th April - however after reading many similar forums this is more of an update date rather than a fix date! The issue is the same - my internet speeds drop to around 2Mbps in busy periods - this is when I am paying for a 70Mbps service.

In my call to the helpdesk. the original advisor told me that he made changes his end that would help - but whatever he did made it worse... when I asked to speak to the manager as the broadband service I am getting was unacceptable he refused and told me he was not allowed to put me through to a manager and stated that I must think he was lying if I wanted to speak to a manager.  After many more minutes I finally got to speak to a manager - he brushed me off by saying that the fault was a recognised fault in the error, he has sent me a new hub 3 (which has made no difference) and told me I would be compensated... when I asked how much, he just said I would be compensated again... and that was where the call ended.

Do you believe that this is customer service that Virginmedia want to be associated with?

The problem hasn't gone away and I am just left frustrated and angry, trying to decide whether to take my TV, phone and broadband package all elsewhere!

Thank you, Ian.

0 Kudos