Menu
Tring-A-Ling
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

F004297472 – Over Utilization in Tring Area 19Mar17

Hi Virgin Media,

Ref F004297472 – Over Utilization in Tring Area 19Mar17

Broadband broke off suddenly at about 16:00 today (19Mar17), and is now performing at VERY slow speed. Download Speed only measures just over 5 (Five) Mbps. The machine is wired into the rooter (i.e. not WiFi), no downloads, nor TV running. Restart of rooter did not help. A test run from VM website could not find a fault with my equipment. Helpdesk 150 states this error is down to “Over Utilization”, but could not help further.

Would you please provide an update?

Thank You.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6144272059

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: F004297472 – Over Utilization in Tring Area 19Mar17

Hello Tring-A-Ling,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the fault in your area. I've checked this and I can see fault: F004297472 is on-going and being reviewed on the 7th June. While this fault is present your speeds maybe reduced, especially during peak time hours. To resolve this we need to perform network upgrades. Please keep in touch for updates.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tring-A-Ling
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Heather_J

Thank you for the response.

A few days ago, I rang 150 wrt F004297472 and was told that the “Complaints Response Team” will be in touch within 48 hours.

As this call back is now overdue, will you please provide a link to the formal complaints procedure offered and run by LG/VM, and also take this post as a formal complaint, please.

I cannot find the process anywhere on your web pages, but I am sure it must there somewhere as this is the law.

Network upgrades typically take months, if not years, to complete, and we all know that the current “Review Date” of 07June2017 (which used to be November-16 at some stage) is not the same as a resolution date. Particularly when planning permissions and building work issues at the CMTS in Hemel Hempstead might be involved, which can introduce significant project delays.

I have kept service check-lists provided by VM Technicians on this issue of network stability and through-put dating back October 2015.
Therefore, whilst the required network upgrade is going on, along with the measurable and verifiable significant degradation in service availability and through-put that it brings, I am not willing to pay for services that are not being provided.

Hence a formal complaint now becomes necessary, to which LG/VM must respond within 8 weeks, as is the law.
If unresolved, the next step will be to approach the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme CISAS.

Thank You for your support.

Tring-A-Ling
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please take note of this BBC article date 2017-03-24: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39377492

High-lights:

"Ofcom said its consultation period on the proposals would last until 5 June. It will then publish its decision "around the end of the year".

In response to the plan, BT, Sky and Virgin Media have issued their own draft proposal for automatic compensation through a voluntary code of practice.

However, Ofcom said: "At this stage, we do not consider that this proposal sufficiently meets our concerns."

Ofcom said that each year, there were 7.2 million instances that would be subject to compensation under its new proposals, but that currently, only 1.1 million of these attracted payments."

"In response to the Ofcom proposals, a Virgin Media spokesperson said: "It's important that customers are treated fairly when services can't be delivered, but this is best achieved through a robust industry-led approach."

Robust my responses will be, too. Promise.

PS: The consultation documents can be found on the OFCOM pages here:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-1/automatic-compensation

ref: F004297472 – Over Utilization in Tring Area (HP23)