Menu
nicktipping
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow peak time speeds have returned

Hi There,

So we are a Vivid 200 household, and we had evening and weekend high contention issues last year in our area. Virgin were great in keeping us updated about the resolution of this, and eventually it was resolved.

However, it seems the issue has now returned, and we are seeing nice speeds during the day (23-24MB/s which is great) but of an evening and at certain points of a weekend, this drops to 3-4 MB/s - this is less than 20% of what we should be getting. Would be great to get this resolved quickly please.

Many thanks,

Nick 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow peak time speeds have returned

Hello Nick,

Thanks for getting back in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're currently experiencing, it sounds frustrating. Check your Superhub I can see that we've recently raised another fault in your area for contention. The fault ref is: F005058128 and it's due for review on the 28th June. I believe this fault is responsible for the problems you're having at the moment. Please accept my apologies for this.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nicktipping
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Is there any update on this at all? We are still seeing very poor speeds at peak times - sometimes less than 20% of what we would expect. We do not pay an insignificant subscription for what used to be extremely fast broadband so is there not anything that can be done?

Many thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Nick,

Hope all is well.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Looking at the high peak time traffic fault (F005058128), our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 6th December.

I also noticed that the downstream power levels are too low at - 7 dBmV and would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos