Menu
danieldavison78
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow new Vivid Gamer 200 broadband?!?!?

Hi All! I'm puzzled as to why my broadband connection speed cam vary so much. I've only been with Virgin (Vivid Gamer 200) a few days and originally i was getting speeds of 120mbs-220mbs over wifi but then the speeds have dropped off to 30mbs-50mbs. I've done a few speedtests this evening making sure no other devices are connected apart from my laptop and then using a wired connection and its coming up as 16mbs-25mbs but always with a low ping (sub 25). Any idea whats going on?

thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
danieldavison78
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow new Vivid Gamer 200 broadband?!?!?

Hi! Just an update. Spoke to technical (didn't realise they were open so late). The wired speed is perfectly normal as my laptop maxes out at 100mbs. But there is a definite issue over wifi speed tests anywhere from 60mbs down to 12mbs. Checked for congestion on wifi channels and doesn't seem too bad so nothing else i can do with my limited knowledge. Level 2 tech was closed so couldn't be transferred through so will call back tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow new Vivid Gamer 200 broadband?!?!?

Hey there danieldavison78,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems. Did you ring back through in the end? If so, how are you getting on now? Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to test or check for you.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos