Menu
_Rhys
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow internet speeds

My internet has been awful since Christmas, and whenever i ask when this is getting sorted they give a date, but when this date comes it is never sorted, this has been going on for months, around 20:00 the speeds are as low as 0.07 down and a ping of around 530ms, it started becoming worse and worse after Christmas, im guessing that my area has been very heavily over subscribed and nothing is being upgraded to cope with the extra demand, when will this be getting sorted because to be honest the internet is pretty much unusable after 20:00 and even earlier on the weekends, im on the 100Mbps package but most nights im not even above 1.00Mbps pretty awful to be honest, when will this be getting fixed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow internet speeds

Hi _Rhys

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

When I checked your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F002322291 and with a review date of 23rd March.

For further updates, by all means post back here nearer the date and we'll gladly check this for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
_Rhys
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi _Rhys,

Thanks for bumping the thread.

The review date is still set to 23/03/16 so we should know more on or after that day.

We'll get back in touch with you automatically.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
_Rhys
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lately these issues have come back again, at peak times my ping is around 800ms making gaming pretty much impossible and download speeds are always below 1mb after 6pm, some work was done a few months ago which helped the internet speeds during peak times and the ping was also lower. However my area has probably been oversubscribed which makes the work done a few months ago meaningless and this is probably the cause of the very high ping and low speeds during peak times, when will this be getting fixed because after 6pm the internet is not very usable at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey there _Rhys,

Really sorry to hear that you've started to experience a similar fault to before.

I have had a look at the previous ticket, and can confirm that this has now been closed.

If it's cool with you, I'd now like to have a look at your account to see if there is any explanation as to why this is happening again?

I have sent you a private message, which you can view by clicking on the purple envelope icon near the top right of the screen. If you could read this and get back to me with the requested information, I will then locate your account and investigate this issue further for you.

Catch you in a bit,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
_Rhys
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Recently these issues have came back and the internet is very inconsistent, is there any issues in my area again?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread _Rhys and I'm sorry to hear that your connection hasn't improved.

I'd like to investigate this for you.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Please can you confirm your name and if you are the account holder?
  • Home address

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Smiley Happy

I've located your details and I'm unable to detect any active faults either via the equipment levels or network segment at the moment.

Could you try testing this in modem mode and connected directly via Ethernet to either a laptop or computer and let us know what the performance results come back as?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos