Menu
nookie
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow internet speed.

Past few evening I am getting throttled a lot.
Paying for 100mbit connection , getting 5-8mbit instead. 
http://www.speedtest.net/result/5806753463.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/5806785728.png

I am connected via cable. And no it is not cables fault. Restarting router does not help.

There are no known issues in the area. 
Save your awful excuses and do something.
Why am I paying same amount of money for 20x less speed?

0 Kudos
Cheapshot
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow internet speed.

Nookie, can i ask which area you are in please?

0 Kudos
nookie
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NG17

0 Kudos
nookie
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Evening nookie,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with your broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, the downstream power levels are too high and for this I would like to arrange for an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004261508 and with a review date of 7th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PerfectChaos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will this affect everyone in the NG17 area? as i am having the same issue and have another post open?
0 Kudos
jollan84
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

For me, living in West Ealing (London), speed test shows 19.5 mbps download and around 4 mbps in  upload, pretty low...

We are paying for VIVID 100 Optical Fibre and I can personally still watch netflix and whatever, but we are paying for 100 mbps?

However, the other housemates have internet working very poorly and we suspect it has to do with:

- a poorly installed router by Virgin, that does not reach all the way to the third floor (however they still cannot use internet even sitting right next to the router)?

- out-dated computer network cards?

Is there any way that we can improve the speed of our internet? Our post code is W13 9AS and I am the one set on the account. If this is not improved soon, we will have to leave Virgin media as the house mates are threatening to stop using the internet and £39.99 is a hefty price to pay per month for two people when you still only get <20 mbps..

I am grateful for any suggestion and any response I could get from the forum team and other people who might be savvy in this area.

Thanks,

Josephine

0 Kudos