Menu
webbo2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow broadband

I have waited since July for my install and it took place yesterday. I signed up for Vivid 200, the entire cable from the street cabinet to my property is in co-ax cable. Should this be in fibre?

I am getting speeds of between 5.7 and 17.8, I went onto online chat and was told there is an issue in my area which will be adressed by 31st March 2017.

Is this some kind of joke? I left BT because they promised 70 and delivered 35, it appears that Virgin are even worse.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow broadband

Hi webbo2016,

Welcome to our Community though apologies for the disappointment over the slower speeds.

The fault affecting you will cause speed degradation at peak times but there should be a substantial improvement at other times. I can see that you've already discussed your credit options so I shan't hand you over anywhere else for that. 

We shall be happy though to provide updates if you need them. As the pre-upgrade work is being reviewed on 29-03-2017 we shan't have any information prior to that. But if you feel that your speeds are slow at all times please post an update on here and we'll investigate that as a potentially separate issue.

Thanks Smiley Happy

By the way - FTTP is currently only being being provided into those areas where fibre optic has been expanded.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos