Menu
Nicolas2211
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Extremely low download speed Liverpool UK

I am writing again because i dont seem to get any response from the virgin media team. ive been getting terribly low speeds. My computer is connected via Ethernet cable i have no viruses on my computer so everything is working fine, about 2 weeks ago the download speed was very good and all of a sudden i cannot even watch videos on 480p resolution....!!?? iam running out of patience with this company.actual speedactual speed   

Helpful Answers
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely low download speed Liverpool UK

Same issue here in L12. Had to contact the Chief Executives office to try and get some answers.

What I've been told is there is an area issue in Liverpool that won't be resolved till Feb at the latest. This date has been put back on 3 occasions that I'm aware of so could be put back further again.

Currently I'm getting as low as 5mb and paying for 200mb. Awful service, wish I had never left Sky.

All Replies
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Liverpool too mate, got 2-5mbps download speed 10mbps upload. It happens every evening for me for the past few weeks and possibly months.

Getting tired of this now. I called support and some gobshite put the phone down on me before I could say a word. 

blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am done keeping my cool. First thing tomorrow I am demanding my contract be cancelled. This is daylight robbery pure and simple
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same issue here in L12. Had to contact the Chief Executives office to try and get some answers.

What I've been told is there is an area issue in Liverpool that won't be resolved till Feb at the latest. This date has been put back on 3 occasions that I'm aware of so could be put back further again.

Currently I'm getting as low as 5mb and paying for 200mb. Awful service, wish I had never left Sky.

pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Been told the problem for Liverpool they scheduled to fix has been put back again. It was supposed to be last summer, then put back to Oct 23rd, then 26th Nov, then 10th Feb now been put back till May 2017 (though this could move again).

Then are offering people services they can't provide but happy to take their money and hope they don't realise they're being ripped off then blame issue on 'over utilisation'.

0 Kudos
AgentP
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As pauloconnor said, i too believe the same thing as i have been watching this unfold for many years now where by they are happy to take your money but then serve you with a poor service and then say "oh its because there's too many people online at once causing congestion" Been saying this for years but they need to start REJECTING people for where area's are BEYOND bursting point otherwise one day it will just all collapse and they will have nothing.

I use to work for NTL:Telewest back in 2008 and i can honestly say we use to get faults that would last not just days, weeks or months but years... yes you read right.....YEARS and i really did feel sorry for the people whom it affected as they needed the service just as much as anyone else only to be told 'tough your in a 12 month contract' and would have to pay to leave.

I have spoken with the High Level complaints team before about these issues and even they themselves can only do so much but you get the vibe from them that the only solution to offer you is either bill credits to hope you stay with them or to offer you to move somewhere else with no financial comeback which is a bit of a strange one as you want to go with VM only to be then told months or even years down the line that we cannot help you, you will have to move to another provider?

Not only this but the reason why dates get pushed back is because of network planning, political red tape and local council bureaucracy as VM have to request every time they carry out work on their network as they may have to dig up which causes more headaches which in turn pushes the dates back all the time.

Just out of curiosity pauloconnor has your VM ip address and info changed at all, i use to be on live22 (Area22) but for some reason mine is reporting as live30 (Area30) now which i never knew existed until i checked today? Check yours here: http://ipinfo.io/ as live22 (area22) does cover a vast area as last time i was told it covers from me in Knotty Ash all the way as far a Walton and Aintree!!

0 Kudos