Menu
skylr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Slow Speed during the Evening at around 9pm-12am. 3mpbs!

I have been experiencing extremely slow speeds on my 100mpbs plan every evening for the past two months!

I know that speeds might be slower during peak hours but having only 3+mbps is absolutely ridiculous given that I have paid for a 100mbps plan.

Can anyone from virgin media please sort this out? I would also like to have some form of compensation, perhaps credit towards my bill since this has been happening every night for the past two months.

Screenshot (2).png

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely Slow Speed during the Evening at around 9pm-12am. 3mpbs!

Hi skylr,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004449408 and with a review date of 16th November.

Are you able to complete speed tests outside these hours to see if there is a difference in speeds please? Also are you testing through wired or wireless?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
skylr
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Outside of those hours the speeds are normal, with slow downs as evening approaches.

Here is one taken at 5.05pm today. I'm supposed to be on the 150mbps plan.

I'm doing tests on a wired connection.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Evening skylr,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If the speeds are slow just during the evenings this will be due to the high peak time traffic fault in your area that I mentioned.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos