Menu
Kacper1902
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely High Ping

I play a lot of games on EU servers as I should. What happens is that every 5 minutes my ping changes from average 40 which is good to about 600+ which doesn't make any sense to me. This makes my games unplayable competitively. Now this has been occurring to me for a couple of months and I have enough of it! 

Please someone help, what can I do to fix this. 

Thanks, Kacper

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely High Ping

Hello Kacper,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having when trying to play online. Can I ask a few questions please. Firstly, what device do you use to play on? Do you get slow speeds on multiple devices? Also, does you speed fluctuate at certain times of the day / night?

Please get back to us so we can continue to diagnose this fault.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kacper1902
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I use my gaming laptop to play my video games. Also yes, I have a number of different devices that I play on e.g. Xbox one, smart phone and other pc which I encounter really big ping drops too. It happens me around 3 to 4 times per hour for the past couple of months. Now it even fully disconnects me from the internet around 2 times a day. The virgin hub shows that I have the hub connected but there is no internet access. That is very strange to me as all the bills are paid...

I have phoned customer service and the is a technician coming in tomorrow to look at the hub itself.

Thank you for your reply,
Kacper
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Kacper,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having when trying to play online. Can I ask a few questions please. Firstly, what device do you use to play on? Do you get slow speeds on multiple devices? Also, does you speed fluctuate at certain times of the day / night?

Please get back to us so we can continue to diagnose this fault.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kacper1902
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I use my gaming laptop to play my video games. Also yes, I have a number of different devices that I play on e.g. Xbox one, smart phone and other pc which I encounter really big ping drops too. It happens me around 3 to 4 times per hour for the past couple of months. Now it even fully disconnects me from the internet around 2 times a day. The virgin hub shows that I have the hub connected but there is no internet access. That is very strange to me as all the bills are paid...

I have phoned customer service and the is a technician coming in tomorrow to look at the hub itself.

Thank you for your reply,
Kacper
0 Kudos